Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you believe the kid they got is guilty?

Posted by   + Show Post

The Boston bomber suspect.  Do you believe the conspiracy theorists?

by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 9:22 PM
Replies (101-110):
lancet98
by Platinum Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:21 AM
3 moms liked this

I think he's guilty.   I think, at least for now I think (LOL) that the authorities have much more information than what was released.  

There is the very remote possibility that these two would claim to be the bombers, when they had nothing to do with it.   I think that's unlikely, but possible - but I think the FBI and police will release more information that proves the extent of their involvement.  

The FBI did interview the older of the two a few years ago, and it is entirely possible that at least the older one has been being watched since then.   Another country recommended the older one be interviewed because of suspicion of being involved with violent groups.

And I believe that even the FBI works under restrictions and is required to have something more definite than just suspicion.

There's also the possibility that these two were simply 'bag men' and simply deposited the bombs for someone else without being 100% aware of what it was (I'm sure they didn't believe the bags were full of confetti if this is the case).  

I also think that the trial will be very difficult.   The only other witness to a lot of this was his brother, and he's dead.   But I also keep in mind that others were also arrested.     This may seem like a big mystery to the public but it may not be, to the authorities.

However.   I think that initially, the young man will still be very much in the thrall of his brother and he will not only confess to having done a lot of this, but even brag about it, exactly as the two did when they stole a car and took a hostage.

he'll be riding on a lot of 'Dutch Courage' for a while, I am guessing.

Then I think as time goes on the influences he was under are going to fade, and he's going to regret a lot of what he said, and even attempt to deny a lot of it or claim he was under duress.

I also think the govt made a mistake to not mirandize him.   I don't think their justification is sound.  I read it an the law and am not convinced.

In murder trials, usually, judges and juries (and even lawyers) go to great pains to make sure that every single I is dotted and ever single T is crossed.  And I think that the trials of terrorists should be carried out in exactly the same way - every bit of procedure from start to end should be unassailable.

I also think the relative's skepticism is very, very natural.   I don't excuse their denial but I'm starting to understand why they're doing it. 

Both because families very often are in denial for months when a relative commits a crime, but also because of the recent Chechen wars.

No one in America seems to understand what these Chechens went through during the Chechen wars.   It was horrific, and their suspicions of the police and authorities are a natural consequence of what they went through.  

I think the suspicions are misplaced in this case, but I think they are understandable.

You heard what the aunt said, that since she is a Chechen, she is presumed guilty, that she has to work twice as hard and is descriminated against, simply because she is Chechen.  

That's in Russia, dear, here, virtually no one  knows what a 'Chechen' is.   You heard the one girl being interviewed who said, 'Isn't it somewhere in Europe?'   Most people here haven't got a clue - they never learned about the Chechen wars - if they ever did, they forgot.

So here, there's no particular public significance to being Chechen.   The FBI, I'm sure, is not only aware that MANY people like Ruslan(the uncle who was so disgusted with his brother - the father of these young men) have moved here from Chechyna, they're also aware that a handful of Chechens are here who    have ties to violent groups.

I've worked with a few Chechens over the years and I have to say that I absolutely loved them.   And they without reservation, loved their new home.   I would have trusted those folks with anything and they were incredible people - friendly, generous, hardworking, and oh yes, I didn't mind the Chechen meals either.   One guy told me he kissed the ground and cried when he finally arrived here after years of applications.     Those are DEFINITELY the 'kind of people' I want to see become American citizens.

But I also know that there are a handful of people in ANY group that exists who have given in to extremism.   We have Americans with no foreign ties, who are terrorists, too.  

MOST people are like me - they don't tar everyone with the same brush.

That is, of course, except for the idiots who 'hate everyone who has an accent'(they don't hate Chechens for being Muslims, because, as one gal said here, 'He's from Russia, he can't be Muslim') or think everyone who's not in the ANP is a 'misagenist'.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 24 on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:27 AM

He is guilty as sin and he was not framed as his father claims.  If the kid was not guilty or if he was framed? Why go on a wild goose chase and have a whole state put a man hunt out on you?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 25 on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:29 AM
1 mom liked this

I have no clue, I hope he lives and talks.

Idntreallycare
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:32 AM
1 mom liked this

I think most conspiracy theories spit in the faces of those who were injured or killed in the tragedy. I can't stand the "You know those 26 poeple who died at Sandy Hook? The gov't was behind it" like in some way those peple deserved to die or something

Anonymous
by Anonymous 26 on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:34 AM

I believe that he is guilty without a doubt

Anonymous
by Anonymous 27 on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:35 AM
They ADMITTED to a man they briefly kidnapped and carjacked that they were the bombers. That was just before the chase and death of the older brother (after the younger ran over him trying to escape lmao).

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't know a lot about them. I want to know why they say it was him,

spunky946
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:36 AM
Yes I think he is guilty.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 28 on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:39 AM

We the people have not seen any evidence of the crimes. 

Some will believe without a doubt the statements of the Government. Some will question the statements of the Government. 

That doesn't make those who don't question sheeple, or the people who do question crazy. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 29 on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:40 AM
1 mom liked this

He isn't a "kid". This is a kid. And one of his victims.
christina0607
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:41 AM

I don't agree with the previous poster....he is still very much a kid. A child even.

But yes I do believe he is guilty. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN