Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I wanna know how many mom's feel this way? Poll

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: How many of you feel that the only reason you are here or still alive is because of your kids

Options:

yes

no

I don't know

sometimes

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 240

View Results

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:05 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:24 PM
Yes. If it wasn't for my 4 dd's I don't think I would be here.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
curlycupcake
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:24 PM
I voted yes. Not because I suffer from depression or anything. But because my two year old son passed away unexpectedly when I was three months pregnant with dd. if I hadn't been pregnant with her I don't know if I would have made it, or my husband either. I don't know that we would have made it through it all without the knowledge that there was another
Life dependent on us. It's been six years since we lost him. We're stronger and closer than ever. We count our blessings every day. But without her at that time...I just don't know.
tracy211
by Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:25 PM

I answered sometimes, not because i was depressed, but because my partying lifestyle was detremental to my health.  When i decided to get married and have kids, i straightened up, which might have saved my life.

wissotamum
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:27 PM

No.  I have never felt that way. 

TattedReader
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:27 PM
Well that's kind of a trick question for myself. If I had never had my daughters, I would have never felt the severe and debilitating effects of post partum depression. Therefore I would have never felt the urge to end it all once or twice. BUT in those rare occasions when it was a thought, yes, my daughters are what kept me grounded.
motherslove82
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:29 PM
I've had severe depression in the past and the only thing that kept me from suicide was the good bye letter I tried to write to my two oldest daughters. I realized then that I could never do that to my kids. So yes, you could say I am still alive because of them.
TattedReader
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:29 PM
Wow..I'm so sorry and pained to hear this. A dear and close friend lost her 2 year old DD suddenly in a car accident a few weeks ago and it's just awful..I hope there is a light at the end of her tunnel as well..

Quoting curlycupcake:

I voted yes. Not because I suffer from depression or anything. But because my two year old son passed away unexpectedly when I was three months pregnant with dd. if I hadn't been pregnant with her I don't know if I would have made it, or my husband either. I don't know that we would have made it through it all without the knowledge that there was another

Life dependent on us. It's been six years since we lost him. We're stronger and closer than ever. We count our blessings every day. But without her at that time...I just don't know.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:30 PM

I'm pretty sure I would have drank and drugged myself into an early death if I hadn't gotten pregnant.  As matter of fact, the day before I found out I was pregnant I was writing my suicide note.  I had planned to OD on meth.

But because by some miracle,a person I had only talked to over the internet called me early one morning and told me she had a dream that I was going to commit suicide and I was pregnant.  I kind of chuckled at the pregnant part, but told her I was planning on killing myself...that life wasn't worth living anymore.

She and I talked for hours that day and she somehow convinced me to get a pregnancy test.  I had been wanting a baby for years but I was told I couldnt have children.

When I got the test and went to the Dr, I was 4 weeks pregnant:)  After that I never touched another drug or alcoholic beverage again.  I've been sober for 10 years now.

MrsVolle0904
by Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:33 PM
I feel that she is the only reason I'm still here. She absolutely saved my life and my marriage. She's my whole world. By saving my life I mean figuratively as well as literally
curlycupcake
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:33 PM
It takes a lot of strength, a lot of support, a lot of love, and a lot of time. It also takes acceptance, and really, that's the hardest part. Just to finally accept the truth, let it be part of you, but not define you, and finding a spine of wrought iron. I'm so sorry for your friend. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. The best you can do is live in their honor. Learn the lessons they brought you in their short precious lives. I hope she sees a grief councilor. It's not something you can do alone.

Quoting TattedReader:

Wow..I'm so sorry and pained to hear this. A dear and close friend lost her 2 year old DD suddenly in a car accident a few weeks ago and it's just awful..I hope there is a light at the end of her tunnel as well..

Quoting curlycupcake:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured