Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I wanna know how many mom's feel this way? Poll

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: How many of you feel that the only reason you are here or still alive is because of your kids

Options:

yes

no

I don't know

sometimes

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 240

View Results

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:05 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:34 PM

well it's nice to know that I'm not the only one..

I don't always feel this but, latly I just don't know..

caito
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:40 PM

Yeah

LilysMama719
by Emmy on Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:41 PM
Not one bit.
TattedReader
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:42 PM
I can't even imagine. I've had a pain in my chest ever since so I just know its 10x worse for her or any parent that has to endure this. But I think she's still in shock, catatonic even :( Unfortunately I've seen 3 very young lives taken around me in the past couple months, it's been life perception altering. It's made me squeeze my daughters a little tighter and just appreciate breathing everyday. I hope you've found even a small amount of peace.

Quoting curlycupcake:

It takes a lot of strength, a lot of support, a lot of love, and a lot of time. It also takes acceptance, and really, that's the hardest part. Just to finally accept the truth, let it be part of you, but not define you, and finding a spine of wrought iron. I'm so sorry for your friend. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. The best you can do is live in their honor. Learn the lessons they brought you in their short precious lives. I hope she sees a grief councilor. It's not something you can do alone.

Quoting TattedReader:

Wow..I'm so sorry and pained to hear this. A dear and close friend lost her 2 year old DD suddenly in a car accident a few weeks ago and it's just awful..I hope there is a light at the end of her tunnel as well..

Quoting curlycupcake:

I voted yes. Not because I suffer from depression or anything. But because my two year old son passed away unexpectedly when I was three months pregnant with dd. if I hadn't been pregnant with her I don't know if I would have made it, or my husband either. I don't know that we would have made it through it all without the knowledge that there was another

Life dependent on us. It's been six years since we lost him. We're stronger and closer than ever. We count our blessings every day. But without her at that time...I just don't know.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Pink.Frosting
Kind of worried tonight. Our diabetic dog has decided to refuse her insulin shots. Not sure where the situation will go from here.... :-(
Yesterday at 10:32 PM
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:42 PM

No.  My kids didn't "save" me from anything.  I've never needed saving in that way or felt like I had to have something in particular (like kids) in my life to keep on living.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:43 PM

BUMP!

raye-chan
by Raye on Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:44 PM
Yes.

I pretend I'm happy to friends and family but I've just been so depressed and suicidal lately that i am barely hanging on. Some days are good, then it goes downhill. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofne
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:44 PM

At one point in my life yes. Now I can see clearly and realize there is sooo much more out there waiting!

ashleyrenee24
by 2ne1 on Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:44 PM

Quoting iheartmiboys:

Not at all

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Pnukey
by Jenn on Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:46 PM

No, I have never felt that way. My kids are awesome, but so is DH, and heck, so am I. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)