Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Honey as face wash? Don't mind if I do!!! *Update with moisturizer recipe*

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:11 PM
  • 148 Replies
12 moms liked this

So, Kitschy inspired me to try the no poo thing again and along with that, using raw honey (it HAS to be raw!) as a face wash. At first, I was not really impressed with the honey. It wasn't horrible, but I didn't think it was doing anything great for me either. The last week though, I've noticed my pores have shrunk and my overall complexion is just smoother. I still get pimples here and there, but the rest of my face looks great!

I don't really have any great pics because my webcam tends to make my skin look better than it actually is LOL, but here's an after anyway. And I know, wet hair, no bangs isn't a great look for me so you can save that, anons. ;)

I should also add that I've made my own moisturizer, so that could be part of it too!

I found the recipe for my moisturizer:

1 cup raw, organic shea butter
1/2 cup coconut oil (unrefined, organic, virgin)
1 tsp vitamin E oil
1/2 tsp tea tree oil
splash of rosewater and glycerin mix 

Whip the ever loving CRAP out of it. :)

by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Perfect.Pixie
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:12 PM
1 mom liked this
I love natural remedies
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kitschy
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Your skin looks awesome! I'm totally addicted to honey now. Yay! I'm glad that it works for you! Have you tried the coconut oil on your eyes at night? 

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:14 PM
9 moms liked this

Ooh, sounds worth a try.

PROMISE YOU'RE NOT LYING?!

If I go and buy organic honey tomorrow and start slathering my face with it just to find out this was the world's easiest troll I will just die xD

Simple-Beauty
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:14 PM
What's your moisturizer? You skin looks great! I want to try coconut oil.
mich.el.le
1 mom liked this

Quoting Kitschy:

Your skin looks awesome! I'm totally addicted to honey now. Yay! I'm glad that it works for you! Have you tried the coconut oil on your eyes at night? 

Sort of. I use co to take my makeup off, so it ends up being my eye moisturizer too. lol The honey and/or my moisturizer has seriously shrunk my pores and gotten rid of the redness I had in my cheeks. I am SHOCKED that it actually worked! (I'm such a pessimist lol).

danamppz
I tried raw honey but it dried out my face too much so I switched to coconut oil and love it!!! I also use the coconut oil as a moisturizer if I dry my skin out from hot showers. It's also the BEST make up remover ever!!!
mich.el.le
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:15 PM

Quoting OwlNuggets:

Ooh, sounds worth a try.

If I go and buy organic honey tomorrow and start slathering my face with it just to find out this was the world's easiest troll I will just die xD

Cross my heart, hope to die. STick a needle in my eye! lol

It took a while for me to notice a difference, but I'm in LOVE now.

audreesmama
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:15 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm going to the farmers market tomorrow, and I guess I'm getting some raw honey!
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:16 PM

Then I will sosososo track some down tomorrow! Your face looks AMAZE.

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting OwlNuggets:

Ooh, sounds worth a try.

Cross my heart, hope to die. STick a needle in my eye! lol

It took a while for me to notice a difference, but I'm in LOVE now.

photo anigif_enhanced-buzz-7782-1364935841-8.gif
Kitschy
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:16 PM

I would show pics of how bad my redness used to be but people would call me a liar and say I was sunburned when I wasn't. I had days when it literally looked like I had a red mask on. My skin is so even now, it instantly takes away inflammation. I just love it so much.

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting Kitschy:

Sort of. I use co to take my makeup off, so it ends up being my eye moisturizer too. lol The honey and/or my moisturizer has seriously shrunk my pores and gotten rid of the redness I had in my cheeks. I am SHOCKED that it actually worked! (I'm such a pessimist lol).

photo cff93b12-86de-46b2-be52-d4be4609e9b7_zpsf2ed7349.jpg

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN