Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

*Eta* BOSTON VS. WEST. SO SICK OF HEARING ABOUT BOSTON!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 155 Replies
4 moms liked this
I am so sick of hearing so much about Boston. No one has said hardly a word about West, Texas since the day it happened.

I want to know why the fuck not.

12 people died in West, with 200 injured, while 3 died in Boston, with 176 injured.

Is it because the people who died in Boston were killed by a terrorist and not by accedent? Is that what makes makes it so much more tragic and sad and worthy of more media attention?

Please explain your views, so I can try and comprehend the fact that West has been swept under the CM rug.

ETA***
I am very concerned about what happened in Boston, I've been following it the whole time. I am just as upset about it as everyone else. I DO NOT think its a competition, but I do feel as though most people just don't care and that they think West doesn't matter.

It's not just on CM, but people are making West the butt of their jokes saying what happened in West shouldn't matter to anyone because it was the redneck, hillbillies own damned fault and that we deserved it.

And to the people who are from Boston and saying that their entire lives were put on hold today, yes, your lives were put on hold and you were on lock down today. West Texas has been torn, literally, to shreds in some places and people are still missing their families and don't have a place to live. No, West isn't worse off, but Boston isn't either. Texans aren't a bunch of idiots.

ALSO IT HAS NOT BEEN PROVEN AN ACCIDENT YET EITHER SO THIS COULD BE TERRORISM OR ARSEN ALSO.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:57 PM
2 moms liked this

Because Texas was an accident, not a set-up by the government. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Texas was a accident. A tragic accident but a accident.

Boston was a crime.
Alliemad_3
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:59 PM
2 moms liked this
Probably because an accident isn't as shocking as something done by a malicious human hand.

I'm 45 minutes from West (I'm assuming you're close too). The outpouring of help from the surrounding communities has been amazing.

It isn't being swept under the rug here in real life. Both are tragic...my prayers have been long this week.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
HaleyCovington
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:01 PM
3 moms liked this
I'm just gonna copy and paste from the last post that said the same thing... It fits and I don't feel like repeating myself (having to type it all out)

I saw a few posts about it, I even made one.
I think Boston is getting more attention because its more interesting to be honest. There's more drama for people to be sucked into with it being an attack and the explosion in West was just a horrible accident.
Sad but true... We don't need national attention tho, the one thing that can be said for texans is we take care of our own. There have already been statements released saying not to donate anymore food, clothing and supplies because they are full... They have more than enough and have nowhere to store it all and are asking for monetary donations to help the victims. That's texas for ya... There are so many businesses from across the state offering help for these people. I think it's sad that the rest of the country doesn't really care about it compared to Boston but I don't really see it as a problem.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:01 PM
7 moms liked this

Boston was a terrorist attack that ended in a man hunt today, pratically shutting down the city. So YES, that will get more attention.

peachesforme
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:02 PM

just curious, has the media come out and said it was an accident? is their investigation over this quick?  I thought it would take longer to investigate if this was accidental or not.   I haven't heard about that. 

CountryMomma123
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:04 PM
4 moms liked this

Come on you can be as stupid as you sound. Have you taken your crazy pills today? What would make you say something as stupid as this. Your an idiot.

Quoting Anonymous:

Because Texas was an accident, not a set-up by the government. 

gcstar42
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Well I live in Texas and have heard a lot about both. However, I think the Boston bombings have so much media coverage because there were/are so many unanswered questions and things people want to figure out about who did it, why it happened, and of course people wanted to keep up with the manhunt today. There have been constant new developements so there is always a new story associated with it. With the West explosion it is very sad and tragic, but there are not as many unanswered questions about it, and they can only report the same things over and over so many times. However, like I said here in Texas a lot of people have been talking about it and doing things to help out (sending water, food, diapers, clothes, etc).

CountryMomma123
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:06 PM

It was a fire inside the place that made it explode.

Quoting peachesforme:

just curious, has the media come out and said it was an accident? is their investigation over this quick?  I thought it would take longer to investigate if this was accidental or not.   I haven't heard about that. 

BabyRuca
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:07 PM
Maybe one reason is because of the suspect chase that went on all last night & day...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)