Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

co-sleepers, how on earth do you stay up late ever??

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

oh my goodness I want GROWNUP TIME... I mean, time to sit up and not have a child awake. But as long as I am awake, they are awake. I can not force my children to sleep. I can force them to go to bed, but not to actually sleep.

So how do other cosleepers do it?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:14 PM
Replies (281-290):
mrs.hartman12
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:12 AM

I love how people who don't co-sleep never have sex or alone time. 

Busymomma1988
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:32 AM
I coslept with my son until his dad started to bounce him while he was sleeping. I had a legitamit reason for cosleeping: its my way of saying "this is when you should be sleeping". His bouncing technic was to just get him to quiet down. So then he not only had to be held while sleeping, I had to start bouncing him as well. That got old quick so I started to ween him to his swing so he would still have his motion to sleep and I had the ability to sleep as well. We use a ton of batteries...but it seems to be the only thing right now that's working.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
witchybabymomma
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:35 AM
1 mom liked this

lol I think I fall asleep before my son at least 50% of the time so I have not figured it out yet

miss_AP
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:55 AM

My kids go to sleep in their own beds, and then the little one crawls in about the time I go to bed, somewhere betwen 10-midnight. I have my adult time downstairs in the living room.....mostly doing laundry or dishes or budgeting or something less than fun. 

I love the snuggles, my littlest is such a snuggle bunny. I don't like to sleep with my older, she's too wild in bed and too big....but she comes and snuggles for 5 minutes before we get up in the AM. I've got another year or so with the little one. I miss them when they are at their dad's house.

Of course.....when and if someone becomes important enough to meet my girls and move in and if I get remarried ever....then it will have to be addressed. My exhusband and I didn't have sex, ever (and no, not as a result of the cosleeping.....cosleeping was a result of no sex actually), so it was never a concern for intimacy before. It will be delicate all around, but if that ever happens the girls will be older so hopefully it won't be a big issue.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 51 on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Sometimes I can get away with the slip away approach but normally, I  am too tired. Once I lay down, I am so groggy that getting up is much worse than just sleeping, too. Since birth, we have gone to bed at the same time and I sneak out early in the morning. Yes, that means she stays up really late and we miss traditional toddler activities on the community calendar (early morning) but I have NEVER had a problem with her falling asleep.It usually happens about 90 seconds after she lays down. We go to bed when she is tired not on any schedule I might fabricate.

trayseehalf
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 2:52 AM

I am in need of time to myself too!!! I it is 1:50am our time now. I didn't know it was so late. My sleep schedule is off. I've been waking up in the middle of the night. It's so nice to have peace and quite to myself and the tv too!!!. Our daughter slept with us for a long time. I was the one that started putting her in bed with us. Once I stated, she never left. We moved in December and I don't know when we finally moved her back into her room and to her todler bed. I'll wake up every now and then and she's gotten in bed with us. I ned to go to sleep now, I'm not feeling good. Good luck finding peace and quiet. It's so hard!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 52 on Apr. 23, 2013 at 8:14 PM

Quoting queenb87:

my question is... if you cosleep with your kids, howdo you have sex with your hubby? i like the alone time.

Co-Sleepers Do It in the Kitchen Fitted T-Shirt;) It's never been a problem for us. 

marshsmom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 8:27 PM
We have always co-slept but as he got older we always made sure there was a balance. He's 5 now and some nights he goes to our bed alone and we join him later, some nights he goes to his bed. We never have issues with him wanting us to lay down with him. His bedtime is 8:30, no matter where he sleeps or if we are ready for bed. I've always just reassured him that we are right there in the den and we'll be in bed soon.
RitzCrackerz
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:39 PM

If she falls asleep before me I tuck her into her bed and walk off. Her crib is up against the wall and one side is off and our bed is pushed up. There is a little bit of a hump so it's hard for her to crawl up and over it so if she does wake up she just gets pissed off and cries for me. Usually if she wakes up she just cries because her daddy swaddles her so tight she can't get out of it LOL. I do however put stuff around the bed just in case she does get over the hump, and I leave the door open so I can hear her. (Plus I check on her) 

Sometimes when we just want a break from our demon we put her in her swing when she is fighting her sleep or rock her in the rocking chair. If we rock her same thing applies just put in the bed. If she falls asleep in the swing wait till she either A) wakes up for feeding and fed her in bed so she falls asleep in bed. B) If she doesn't wake up by the time we go to bed just pick her up and hope to god she stays asleep and or (A) is hopefully the back up lol 

katehaydensmom
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:47 PM
the only issue i have is im a single mom living back at home with my 5 and 4 year old and we share a room so when they go to bed they will wake up around 2 am and just go to bed in mine idk how to make them stop because it kills my back getting kicked and hit all night
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)