Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

co-sleepers, how on earth do you stay up late ever??

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

oh my goodness I want GROWNUP TIME... I mean, time to sit up and not have a child awake. But as long as I am awake, they are awake. I can not force my children to sleep. I can force them to go to bed, but not to actually sleep.

So how do other cosleepers do it?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:14 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:29 PM

I do the same. Lay them down at 7 30 and by eight I am back up.Gotta make sure they are good and set. I have one in bed with us and the other two are 10 &12 so they are in their own room.

Quoting yikesitsmindy:

I lay down until dd is asleep and get back up.

OkWolfe
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:30 PM
TURN THE LIGHTS AND TV OFF. EVERYTHING OFF. I tell him its bed time and he goes to sleep after a while.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:30 PM

Never co-slept, never would- ever.  We are the parents and adults INHO, with lives of our own and they are the kids and have their own beds more expensive than mine.  Snug as a bug in a rug, and are right now very happy!!!

UxorQuodMatris.
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:30 PM
I nurse him to sleep then leave the room.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tlcory
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:31 PM

I've wondered this too! Lol

Quoting queenb87:

my question is... if you cosleep with your kids, howdo you have sex with your hubby? i like the alone time.

inspain
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:35 PM
1 mom liked this

We co-slept with DD1 and we're co-sleeping with DD2 and we stay up late, reading or watching tv or talking, all the time.  The kids have always gone to sleep by 8.  No problem.  

DD2, 6 months, is asleep in between us right now.  I'm on the computer, DH is watching Duck Commanders, the chihuahuas are fighting at the end of the bed and both table lamps are on.  DD2 will roll over and look for boob in about 2 hours.  

RMC007
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:36 PM
1 mom liked this

My dd (6) sleeps with me when DH is out of town. I still put her to bed at 8, and I stay up in the living room. I even watch TV in my room while she is sleeping in there. Just because you co-sleep, doesn't mean you go to bed at the same time. I co-sleep with my DH, and we rarely go to bed at the same time, lol! He works at all different hours, and I have to be at work at 7:30 AM. I don't expect him to go to bed at 9 when he is not tired.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:37 PM

I coslept until my kids were both about seven months old. In the beginning it was easy, just roll over, nurse, go back to sleep in 15 minutes. By five months, they were sleeping through the night, and we had safety rails in case of a rolling baby, but honestly, neither of my kids budge once they fall asleep. Soon after they started sleeping through the night, I began the transition to the crib. It was a smooth transition, completed by around seven months.

With my first, my step-mother tried to convince me to put baby in the crib immediately. It went horribly, my son just needed to be close to me to sleep well. A week into the trial of baby in the crib, into the bed he came, and cosleeping was in, haha.

I also cosleep safely, we have a king sized bed, no loose pillows or sheets, no smokers in the house, and breastfeeding. It's not for everyone, but it worked for us.

Jamie1972
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:40 PM

i co slept when the kids were infants. now its bathroom,tucks,hugs n kisses lights out good night.

hayvensmommy07
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:45 PM
Just recently I've been rocking my 18 month old to sleep then laying him down in bed (our bed) then I sit in the room and watch mommy shows(any other time the tv is on it's nick jr or baby first). But I've always had to rock him to sleep and I just held him till bed time, now we lay down. I can only leave the room for short spurts tho, if I leave for longer than 20 mins he's up fussing
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)