Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

co-sleepers, how on earth do you stay up late ever??

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

oh my goodness I want GROWNUP TIME... I mean, time to sit up and not have a child awake. But as long as I am awake, they are awake. I can not force my children to sleep. I can force them to go to bed, but not to actually sleep.

So how do other cosleepers do it?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:14 PM
Replies (41-50):
horseap
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:50 PM

We put them to sleep and get back up.  Lay with them if they get back up.  Its pretty easy actually.  Weve been cosleepingfor almost 5 of the last 7 years straight.  DS is 7.  Move him to his new bed once I was like 5 month pregnant.  DD1 stayed until she was 2.  DD2 is almost 19 months.

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:51 PM
1 mom liked this
I rock DD to sleep, and put her in hrr crib at 9. She wakes up around 2, I bring her to bed then.

To the question of "if you co-sleep, how do you have sex?" There are a lot of other places to do it than just in the bed.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Do you only have sex in bed? How boring. We co sleep till 3 us our limit then transition too own beds. Sex, hmm just this last couple weeks, floor, shower, couch (with blanket down), bed isn't needed for sex.

Quoting queenb87:

my question is... if you cosleep with your kids, howdo you have sex with your hubby? i like the alone time.
JjcH0911
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:52 PM
This!

Quoting KristenFowles:

I only coslept when mine were new..

After about 2-3 months, they went into their cribs.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:53 PM

i put the baby "to bed" in a crib in my room and then go back downstairs.  i usually stay up really late (i'm rarely in bed before 1:00 am).  when he wakes up to eat, i put him in bed with me and stays with me until the morning.  i've been putting him to bed by himself (and usually awake) since he was about 2.5 months old.  i'm very lucky....all of my kids have been fantastic about going to bed by themselves.  

4kids4tara
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:53 PM

My 16 month old and I go up to bed at 9 PM. She is asleep by 10 and I lay next to her reading my Kindle or watching TV.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:53 PM

Stop cosleeping! Im sure they will be fine going to bed by themselves once in a while so you can have some ME time.

Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:56 PM
My Ds has to sleep in my arms (he's 1) but it doesn't bother me. DF and I watch movies or I go on cafemom while he sleeps on my arms.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MommaTasha1003
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:58 PM

My 11mo & DH are asleep right now....

We cosleep with a crib attatched to our bed, look up side-car crib if you have never heard of it.. Its  GREAT! If DS is asleep I slide him into his crib & we are good. If in the night he wakes up I can slide a bit into his crib to nurse & then slide back away if I still want my space or I slide him to me depending if I wanna cuddle up :)

Ashley0523
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:59 PM

with mine I lay down with my almost 5 year old until he falls asleep then I just get up and then with my 19 month old my husband rocks him and hes out in 10 min on a good night lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)