Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

pan handling with you baby oh please

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

i ride the train every day to and from work. twice a  day i see the same mom and her baby. they look ok .. but she is holding a sign and asking for money for her baby.   the other day i asked dose she get wic for the baby she got mad and walked off.  it bugs me to see her asking for money every day for her baby and i get the feeling maybe she is just using baby to try to get cash. I see people give her 5-10-20 .. I am doing venting now,

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
xixCandyxix
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:51 PM

Ok, well WIC doesn't cover everything. Leave her alone, it's other people's choices if they choose to help her.

stargazerwolf
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:52 PM

That's kinda messed up. There is so much help out there for single moms...there's no reason to do that. She probably has help or does have a normal job, but is trying to scam money, there are a lot of people out there here that do that.

ammiemarie0307
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I hate panhandlers..... there is guy that is always holding a sighn saying that he needs diapers for his baby so i asked him what size he said size 3. I went in wal mart and got him a size 3 package of diapers opened them and took one out so he could not take them back for cash. He yelled at me.

KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:56 PM

I'd say just let it go..

Just don't give her money

There is no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one.

tifferie
by A$$tastic on Apr. 20, 2013 at 12:00 AM
I had a man panhandle me in the city telling me he had hiv. I worked in a free hiv clinic at the time which also had social services for these patients. So I handed him a card and a name of a social worker. He threw it at me. Fucker.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2013 at 12:01 AM

there are lots of ways she could feed her kid. i am just saying why take your kid and put her through all of that.

paganmommy4
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 12:02 AM

Some people are like that

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 20, 2013 at 12:04 AM
If it upsets you that much call CPS & report her
lady-t3984
by Gold Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 12:14 AM
I am truly blessed! Sometimes,even the poorest person don't know what it mean to not have. There are people who can't get help,or foodstamps because they don't have an address. The shelters are running over with complete families. Your words remind me of my grandson, he wanted to know how people becme homeless,he actually thought all homeless people were bums,drug addits,I told him,some of the most educated people were homeless,I told him ,some had top paying jobs,and lost them. My grandson look at me and said,'are you for real.' I say this to you OP,sometimes we are to blessed to believe someone else is going through hard,hard time. WIC don't buy pampers,wic don't buy food for the mother. To get a blessing,next time be a blessing to someone.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)