Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

It kind of makes me sick

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 2:15 AM
  • 29 Replies
We go out every Friday to our favorite Mexican restaurant. A group of other married couples join us and its just a way to get together and hang out. Our bill is usually around $50, and we leave a $10 tip. That's $60 once a week.. We could buy a good bit of groceries with that and it would last days. I grew up poor and when I think about how much money we spend on one meal it sort of makes me feel bad about myself. Anyone else feel the same?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 2:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Apr. 20, 2013 at 2:18 AM

We stopped eating out, for the most part, for just that reason.  The food is never as good as I can make it anyway.  Our couple friends now get together on Saturday nights for dinner at one of the homes.

KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 2:19 AM
I have a hard time spending money I feel isn't necessary. I didn't grow up poor.. I actually grew up wealthy.. But my mother grew up poor.. So she instilled in me her frugalness :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 20, 2013 at 2:19 AM
We stopped going out for that reason.
chamamahaha
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 2:20 AM
Lucky
macysmom
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 2:21 AM
1 mom liked this
I think we should start doing at home dinners for friends. I think buying everyone a steak and potatoes would cost the same as just dinner for the 3 in my family.

Quoting Dzyre1115:

We stopped eating out, for the most part, for just that reason.  The food is never as good as I can make it anyway.  Our couple friends now get together on Saturday nights for dinner at one of the homes.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
poohbearkfc
by Gold Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 2:21 AM
1 mom liked this
My husband and I only go out about once a month for that reason.
504bbymami
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 2:22 AM
No
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
XXAdoramydearXX
by Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 2:22 AM
1 mom liked this

No. I enjoy going out. I NEED to get out and talk with other adults about something other than children. To me that is money well spent on preserving my sanity.

lovevamp
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 2:24 AM
We try to have a date at least once a month if we have the extra funds. Sometime we have the money other time we don't
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 20, 2013 at 2:24 AM

Yes! We were eating out a couple times a week and when I added it up I was really horrified. We've put a stop to that. Once a month we go out to eat now, that way it's really a treat.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN