Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Should people convicited of drug charges....

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 2:33 AM
  • 35 Replies

Poll

Question: Rehab or jail

Options:

rehab is a must

jail

other

rehab if they want

shouldn't be illegal anyways

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 37

View Results

http://blog.norml.org/2013/04/11/white-house-drug-control-budget-failed-drug-war-tactics-prioritized-over-prevention-and-treatment/

Do you think that people convicted with drug charges be "given" a choice to serve time in jail or be sent to rehab? This shows that the government is failing. Most of the drug charges in the US are for marijuana.

by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 2:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momoftwo0406
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 2:34 AM

bump

wickedfiress
by Platinum Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 2:36 AM
3 moms liked this

Neither helps. You can't force someone to become sober. They have to WANT it and work very hard at it.

I don't think we should be charging people with possession or use. Just trafficing and such. 

And MJ shouldn't be illegal at all. 

AirForceWife13
by Gold Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 2:38 AM
I think of people were forced to go to rehab alot more drug addicts would no longer be drug addicts. But it could also work negatively because you have to want to quit. Some might do rehab so they dont ha e to go to jail and think they can just breeze by.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
alison35
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 2:39 AM
1 mom liked this
Definitely. Child molesters, for example, get less prison time than drug offenders, which is ridiculous considering the fact that a drug addict can rehabilitated and a pedophile can't. The govt is throwing so many people in jail for drugs when they brought it here to begin with, but that's another story.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SadeAyosmom
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 2:43 AM

rehab

britadams10
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 2:44 AM
1 mom liked this

so many people goto rehab and it doesnt help when they get back into the environment that they did drugs in but rehab for weed is stupid imo. people get longer sentences for drugs than for murder, its ridiculous.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 20, 2013 at 2:44 AM
Rehab for marijuana lol!
People don't puff and go rob others, shoot anyone, rape, any of that crap. More people need to puff. I bet if all criminal/crazies were required to smoke daily there would be less crime.
momoftwo0406
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 2:45 AM

Agreed. I changed the poll

Quoting wickedfiress:

Neither helps. You can't force someone to become sober. They have to WANT it and work very hard at it.

I don't think we should be charging people with possession or use. Just trafficing and such. 

And MJ shouldn't be illegal at all. 

momoftwo0406
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 2:48 AM

I couldn't agree more with you. :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Rehab for marijuana lol!
People don't puff and go rob others, shoot anyone, rape, any of that crap. More people need to puff. I bet if all criminal/crazies were required to smoke daily there would be less crime.

CMLaurie
by Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 2:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Just cut their damm hands off! Now they can't handle the drugs.  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN