Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My kids wake up so early..

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 7:36 AM
  • 33 Replies

I am totally jealous of parents who have kids who sleep until 8 or 9 am or have to be woken up for school. Nope, not my kids. They are 5 & 8 and they get up at 6 or 6:30 everyday, regardless of when they go to bed.

They sleep in their own beds at night but at some point in the middle of the night while we are sleeping one or both of the finds their way into our bed - EVERY night. It drives us crazy. We have told them time and time again -- "If you wake up in the middle of the night, go to the bathroom if you have to or go get a drink of water and go back to bed" It never works. I am usually carrying them both back to their beds. I don't feel punishment is needed they aren't misbehaving and bribing them probably won't work. At 1, 2, 3 AM I am sure some bribe is not on their mind, their too tired. it's just become a habit - a very hard habit to break.

Right now it's 7:35 here and they are outside playing while dh is waxing my car.  Dh is usually outside early doing the yard or random stuff outside and they will go play out there.

by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 7:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HayleyDelReal
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 7:39 AM
Right... lol my kids are like that
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kaelaasmom
by Katie on Apr. 20, 2013 at 7:39 AM
2 moms liked this
So go back to bed. That's what I'd do.
kbutton24
by Mrs.Sima on Apr. 20, 2013 at 7:40 AM
Dd is 9 months and woke up every day at 5 or 530. I have just recently started bringing her into bed with me and feeding her. She's been falling back asleep until 7 :) so much better than 530! Lol
mommysangelface
by Emerald Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 7:41 AM
I know how you feel. 6:30am no matter what
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SadeAyosmom
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 7:41 AM

my kids sleep till 9.

i love it. all the hours alone in the mornin g:)

i wake up at 5 then get out of bed at 6 :) that said they go to bed at 8pm

deadlights86
by Platinum Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 7:42 AM

My 7 yo is like that its so annoying. If he wasn't so lound my 8 yo would proably sleep till 8 something and my 4 year old sleeps till 10 or 11 anyway and if he does happen to get up early he will take a nap.

jbirdsladie27
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 7:42 AM
Our alarm goes off at 5am
Waking early is normal for us
shimmifairy
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 7:43 AM

My daughter is like that, LOL...when she was a baby she was up every day before dawn bright eyed and bushy tailed...when she was about 2, I made a rule that we couldn't be up before sunrise...so she would climb in bed with me and keep peeking at the window...when it started getting light, she would pat my head and say "Tori's sun is up, Mamma! Lets go!"

IandLoveandYou
by Penny Lane on Apr. 20, 2013 at 7:43 AM

My dad used to pay me not to sleep in their bed. 25-50 cents a night lol.

Kmary
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 7:44 AM

Ha reminds me of my brothers and I growing up.  We were (and still are!) all morning people.  We just  couldn't sleep in, no matter how late we went to bed. 

I know it can get tedious to NEVER have a day to sleep in a bit.  But your kids aren't that young.  Would you ever consider letting them get up and watch tv for a short while and you could stay in bed a bit longer?  Not hours, of course, but even 30 minutes.  Our 5 year old has just started getting up and being up by himself briefly and it's honestly fine.  He just plays with his toys or watches a cartoon.  He's never done anything dangerous or gotten into trouble and I think he kind of likes it.  Makes him feel mature.  And he knows we're right down the hall and can get us if  he needs anything.  I never let it go on longer than 30ish minutes, but it's kind of nice.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured