Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My kids wake up so early..

Posted by   + Show Post

I am totally jealous of parents who have kids who sleep until 8 or 9 am or have to be woken up for school. Nope, not my kids. They are 5 & 8 and they get up at 6 or 6:30 everyday, regardless of when they go to bed.

They sleep in their own beds at night but at some point in the middle of the night while we are sleeping one or both of the finds their way into our bed - EVERY night. It drives us crazy. We have told them time and time again -- "If you wake up in the middle of the night, go to the bathroom if you have to or go get a drink of water and go back to bed" It never works. I am usually carrying them both back to their beds. I don't feel punishment is needed they aren't misbehaving and bribing them probably won't work. At 1, 2, 3 AM I am sure some bribe is not on their mind, their too tired. it's just become a habit - a very hard habit to break.

Right now it's 7:35 here and they are outside playing while dh is waxing my car.  Dh is usually outside early doing the yard or random stuff outside and they will go play out there.

by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 7:36 AM
Replies (31-33):
mom_to_kenzie
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 10:17 AM
My kids are like that, except they go to bed late too! Dd (almost 5) took until 10:30 to go to sleep last night and it was a huge fight even that late. My almost 2 year old took until 9:30-10:00 to go to sleep..not to mention they both wake up through the night at least once.
AmberRose1122
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 10:18 AM
It's 7 every single day here no matter what.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 20, 2013 at 10:25 AM
My 2 year old wakes up at 5 no matter how late I put him to bed. I stopped naps to see if it changed anything, it didn't.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN