Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

forced to be submissive in marriage..... vent long

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
Ok this is a vent because before now I've been the bread winner and had more freedom to do as I pleased ..... And now pregnant and unable to work due to the nature of My job, my husband has become the provider and as a result feels as if he can boss my every move and thinks I should listen to him without question .... And it's become to much he controls everything where I go what I do whom I see nit picks my everymove example walking around this morning tank top and full panties I have only one child now a girl . So it's ok to lounge like this till I shower and he demands I put pants on because someone might see me . How my blinds are close . it's even got to the point he thinks my yoga pants are to tight. Really?,it's yoga pants.... He bitches about every everything under the sun. even questions why IM wearing makeup and doing my hair. and after today I had enough I told him it's my home and I'll walk around how I please as long as IM not on my lawn in panties it's fine . And he said ok he's not coming home. We'll if you don't wanna come home because I won't listen and do things your way then so be it . I'll be a homeless pregnant person before my personal freedom of choice is taken away . I cant stand being treated like a child. At this point it's,so much more than this . He pretty much has taken away my freedom of any choice . And if he doesn't want to come home . Oh f**king we'll vent over. My question ladies if you live in a submissive marriage how do you cope?
And if you don't and treat each partner as equals tips to even the playing field....

Lastly my vent is not about one event it's about a increasing control over a peroid of the 4 months I've been pregnant UPDATE ...... Thank you ladies for the comments i needed a reality check and its nice to know i am infact not going crazy....
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2013 at 10:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pink.Frosting
by Platinum Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 10:03 AM

I live in a marriage where I'm submissive but my husband treats me great.  Your husband sounds like he is verbally abusive in a big way.  Submissive woman does not equal hateful man.  It truly sounds like you need to get out.

kdloves.
by Gold Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 10:04 AM
I would NEVER put up with that bullshit.

Bump!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Apr. 20, 2013 at 10:05 AM
I would have horse laughed that shit and perhaps kicked him in the balls.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2013 at 10:05 AM

leave girl... you don't need to "cope" with this

jaxypuppy
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 10:05 AM
Sweetie, submissiveness in a marriage is not one-sided. He's a douche.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2013 at 10:07 AM
That has nothing to do with being submissive...your dh is trying to control you and i suggest you end it if your not okay with it. Have a serious talk and explain to him what he is doing etc. see what he has to say!

Being submissive or in that type of relationship is something that BOTH sides want, both sides come together and to live that lifestyle. What you have going on is a controlling, or wanna be controlling, dh!
macysmom
by Platinum Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 10:07 AM
This is not a submissive marriage, this is abuse.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
always2012
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 10:08 AM

Wow Sounds like a tough time! you should be able to wear what ever you enjoy! you feel sexy dress sexy! if he was smart he would have taken advatage of the way you looked! ;-)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2013 at 10:10 AM

I'm in a submissive marriage. My husband will make comments about certain things I wear outside, I feel that's his right. But, inside I wear what I want. If I want to go somewhere, I tell him and if he tells me don't go, again I feel it's his right to say so. He doesn't abuse me, I do help with decisions in the house but just certain things his choices take priority. We have a great and happy marriage. 

Allie_kat1
by Gold Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 10:12 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm submissive. What you are describing isn't submission for a few reasons. First, and most importantly, it was not discussed and agreed upon by both of you. Submission isn't just him waking up one day and deciding he is in charge, it's an open and frank discussion where both of you discuss it, and agree to the basic terms of the submissive relationship dynamic. Next, it sounds like he is trying to hold the fact that you aren't bringing in money right now over your head, and trying to force you to submit because of that, which is NOT how it works. Many submissive to not work, that was a choice made together with their dominant, and it's respected, not mocked. Also, even if you did want to be submissive, he sounds like he is a selfish, controlling jerk, not the kind of man that deserves your submission.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)