Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
Let me start by saying I am far from anti pot. I have no issue with it if its done legally, and if you do it illegally-not my problem. Do your thing.

SO has asthma and he takes meds as needed for it (last night- ER, steroids).

SOs friend is a die-hard marijuana advocate and smokes legally here in Michigan. He finds himself downing pharmaceuticals (I agree with most of what he says) and saying weed is the end -all for every disease (I don't believe that).

This friend is yelling at SO on the phone for taking the drugs the doc gave him in ER and said he should've just smoked pot instead of seeing a doctor. Ludicrous.

Yes, some drugs can be replaced by weed if you choose that route. Asthma? Maybe, but weed is also not the cure for EVERYTHING.

Stop it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 11:02 AM
Replies (31-40):
Wheepingchree
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 11:30 AM
3 moms liked this
All of those sites are anti-drug sites. They have the same anti-drug agenda.

Marijuana has never been linked to causing cancer. Lots of legal thig have been, though. Alcohol, tobacco, GMOs, pesticides...the list goes on.

No need to respond, I'm not having an argument with some anonymous person on the interweb about something she doesn't understand - I've got errands to run. Have a nice day!

Quoting Anonymous:

www.justthinktwice.com

www,checkyourself.com

www.ncjrs.gov

www.recoverythroughsupport.com

www.streetdrugs.org

Need I go on...there are plenty more sources.

Quoting Wheepingchree:

Sources, please.

Quoting Anonymous:

Really? There are many sources to back that, you silly lady. If you wanna smoke it, more power to you. I will take my chances with not smoking it.

Quoting Wheepingchree:

That's not true.......you silly, lady.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't see how that's possible...anytime I have ever smoked pot it burned 10 times worse than a cigarette and I coughed way more after smoking pot. Pot smoke has 50-70%  more cancer causing chemicals in it than cigarette smoke and you hold the smoke much longer in your lungs.

Quoting hp2011:

That's how I feel. I may be wrong because they say weed relaxes your throat muscles and helps airflow but come on...

Quoting Anonymous:

Yea, smoking anything will exacerbate asthma. That's dumb.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 20, 2013 at 11:33 AM

Right, I don't understand it and you have all the answers. Have a nice day.

Quoting Wheepingchree:

Marijuana has never been linked to causing cancer. Lots of legal thig have been, though. Alcohol, tobacco, GMOs, pesticides...the list goes on.

No need to respond, I'm not having an argument with some anonymous person on the interweb about something she doesn't understand - I've got errands to run. Have a nice day!

Quoting Anonymous:

www.justthinktwice.com

www,checkyourself.com

www.ncjrs.gov

www.streetdrugs.org

Quoting Wheepingchree:

Sources, please.

Quoting Anonymous:

Really? There are many sources to back that, you silly lady. If you wanna smoke it, more power to you. I will take my chances with not smoking it.

Quoting Wheepingchree:

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't see how that's possible...anytime I have ever smoked pot it burned 10 times worse than a cigarette and I coughed way more after smoking pot. Pot smoke has 50-70%  more cancer causing chemicals in it than cigarette smoke and you hold the smoke much longer in your lungs.

Quoting hp2011:

That's how I feel. I may be wrong because they say weed relaxes your throat muscles and helps airflow but come on...

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 20, 2013 at 11:39 AM

Lol. I've never smoked pot and even I was going to call BS on "pot causes cancer". Anyhow, ty for beating me to it haha

Quoting Wheepingchree:

Quoting Anonymous:

www.justthinktwice.com

www,checkyourself.com

www.ncjrs.gov

www.streetdrugs.org

Quoting Wheepingchree:

Sources, please.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Wheepingchree:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting hp2011:

Quoting Anonymous:

Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Apr. 20, 2013 at 11:40 AM
Legit peer reviewed scholarly articles not websites. I would fail a paper miserably if I tried to use those. Also there are a ton of actually articles that would say the total opposite of what you said. When you look at studies you have to see who is funding it etc. a lot of the time its either a ciggarette company or an alcohol company.

Quoting Anonymous:

www.justthinktwice.com

www,checkyourself.com

www.ncjrs.gov

www.streetdrugs.org

Quoting Wheepingchree:

Sources, please.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Wheepingchree:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting hp2011:

Quoting Anonymous:

wumbo
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 11:41 AM
Edibles?
hp2011
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 11:42 AM
That would make more sense than smoking a TOBACCO blunt wrap lol

Quoting wumbo:

Edibles?
wumbo
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 11:42 AM
Those are all bogus websites.

Quoting Anonymous:

Right, I don't understand it and you have all the answers. Have a nice day.

Quoting Wheepingchree:

Quoting Anonymous:

www.justthinktwice.com

www,checkyourself.com

www.ncjrs.gov

www.streetdrugs.org

Quoting Wheepingchree:

Sources, please.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Wheepingchree:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting hp2011:

Quoting Anonymous:

KristenandCaleb
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 11:42 AM
2 moms liked this

I agree. Sure, it has beneficial properties, but it isn't a miraculous cure-all for everything. I do think it should be legal for use, like alcohol, but as a medication it has its limits.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Apr. 20, 2013 at 11:44 AM
First rule of research is never use a website with an agenda! Those are anti drug websites of course they are going to change the facts to suit their needs. You can never trust information from someone researching from a bias point. Look at studies that are done from people where it doesn't matter either way what the results are.

Quoting Anonymous:

www.justthinktwice.com

www,checkyourself.com

www.ncjrs.gov

www.streetdrugs.org

Quoting Wheepingchree:

Sources, please.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Wheepingchree:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting hp2011:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 20, 2013 at 11:44 AM
1 mom liked this

Ugh! It's always a treat when someone regurgitates something for the 10 millionth time. Real original.

Quoting sailorchu:

LOL.

Go home, anon. You're high.

Quoting Anonymous:

Eh fuck you for getting on your high-horse because of one idiot. Save this little speech for SO's friend. Educate yourself a little more before you down it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)