Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Sooo Sick Of This!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
I am a carseat nazi, for my own kids!! I dont care if people put their Two year old in a high back booster (my cousin) I dont go to YOUR pictures and comment how Wrong you are for puttong your child in danger. So STOP comming to mine saying Im babying my 2.5 ye old by keeping her in her 5 point! Im sorry I love my child, if that mothers guilt is finally kicking in put your baby back in the proper carseat! And actually Use the straps how they're supposed to be used. Up to the armpits lady!!!

Gaaaaaahhh Errrggghh! Humph. Just venting here so I dont go off on family }:(
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2013 at 11:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rwcw89
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 11:14 AM

i go by height and weight ratio (esp since i drive a small car) but since im a babysitter, step mom and able to pick up kids from my daycare i have Both, a Convertable car seat that ranges from 5-40lbs, and a toddler seat that starts at 30lbs, in my car at all times =) i can't stand it when there is NO car seat for the child, short range trip or not, i know an accident can happen at anytime and without the proper seating you can cut a childss life short very fast. 

thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 11:17 AM

When are you supposed to have a child front facing? I think with my first she was probably close to 18 months when we turned her around, I also think at the time that was what was recommended. I try to follow recommendations, but I am so out of the loop now.

rwcw89
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 11:18 AM

if the kids in the proper ratio i don't see the problem, age isn't the factor its how tall and how much they weigh, for a high back seat the kids shoulders need to be where the loop is for the seatbelt. i see parents misuse car seats all the time whether sitting in the wrong seat or not having the strap in the right place. as long as the kid is in within the proper safety area  then i see no problem. 

rwcw89
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 11:20 AM

when they aren't cramped, i don't go by age anymore being each child is different, i know people turn their kids around by 1 being their too big to sit facing back. 

Quoting thenameshailie:

When are you supposed to have a child front facing? I think with my first she was probably close to 18 months when we turned her around, I also think at the time that was what was recommended. I try to follow recommendations, but I am so out of the loop now.

thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 11:22 AM

See thats what I thought, but it seems like all the moms on here have a certain age or something that they go by. I always hear "Better broken legs than a broken neck you selfish wench" or something lol

Quoting rwcw89:

when they aren't cramped, i don't go by age anymore being each child is different, i know people turn their kids around by 1 being their too big to sit facing back. 

Quoting thenameshailie:

rwcw89
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 11:25 AM

if the kid is restrained properly there shouldn't be a broken anything. some people are ridiculous lol convertable car seat is my savior lol 

Quoting thenameshailie:

See thats what I thought, but it seems like all the moms on here have a certain age or something that they go by. I always hear "Better broken legs than a broken neck you selfish wench" or something lol

Quoting rwcw89:

Quoting thenameshailie:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2013 at 11:33 AM
Both of mine, dd and ss, are little little kids both under 25 lbs dd is 2 ss is 3 so they both have a while before moving up to any kind of booster. Idk what bm uses but we'll keep em in the convertables until 4 AND 40lbs So if they're pushing 5 but still only 35lbs they'll still be in their good ole 5points haha

Quoting rwcw89:

i go by height and weight ratio (esp since i drive a small car) but since im a babysitter, step mom and able to pick up kids from my daycare i have Both, a Convertable car seat that ranges from 5-40lbs, and a toddler seat that starts at 30lbs, in my car at all times =) i can't stand it when there is NO car seat for the child, short range trip or not, i know an accident can happen at anytime and without the proper seating you can cut a childss life short very fast. 

bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 11:36 AM
The law says 1 year and 20 lbs. However, new guidelines say until they are 2 years old or until they outgrow the weight/height limit on the seat.

Quoting thenameshailie:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dlnimo
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 11:37 AM
My almost 5 yr old is still in a 5 point harness in my car. In DH car she is in a high back booster. she is in my car 95% of the time. Her seat goes up 80 pounds so we will see when I switch her out of it!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rwcw89
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 11:37 AM

haha, as long as they are within the right range then i see no problem, but if your trying to fit a 50lb kid in a 5 point seat (which ive seen done) then its time to move on lol 

Quoting Anonymous:

Both of mine, dd and ss, are little little kids both under 25 lbs dd is 2 ss is 3 so they both have a while before moving up to any kind of booster. Idk what bm uses but we'll keep em in the convertables until 4 AND 40lbs So if they're pushing 5 but still only 35lbs they'll still be in their good ole 5points haha

Quoting rwcw89:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN