Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My dh the mommas boy ugh

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies
Dh went this morning to the bank with his mom so she could set up a savings account. I mean really? It's not hard. Leaving me with the kids and no transportation one of whom has a terrible ear infection. They've been gone forever. Ugh!!!!!!!!!
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2013 at 12:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2013 at 12:06 PM
1 mom liked this
I hate that. Cut the apron strings.
I need more examples.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2013 at 12:08 PM
More examples of him being a mommas boy? Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

I need more examples.

auntietotty
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 12:08 PM

I dont know how old his mother is....but she didnt already have a saving's acct?

bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 12:09 PM
Is his mom older and need assistance? Both my GG needed assistance when they got older.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2013 at 12:10 PM
Yes please

Quoting Anonymous:

More examples of him being a mommas boy? Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

I need more examples.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2013 at 12:11 PM
1 mom liked this
My man's a mommas boy too. I love that he does everything he can for his mom, but then again we have 2 cars. She's going through a hard time right now and he's been suporting her through it all. She's a wonderful lady. And he treats me wonderful. So even if he's attached to her, I'm thankful that she raised such a wonderful caring man.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2013 at 12:13 PM

Girl, I feel your pain. My husband asked his mom's permission for us to elope to Vegas. We couldn't afford a big wedding and I had never been and wanted to take a trip. They have nice affordable wedding packages with photography included. She said no and so we went to the county office and I had no trip or honeymoon because of it. The pictures are all heinous and under fluorescent lighting in a government building.

I'm still super bitter about it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2013 at 12:14 PM
Ohhh I wish the mommas boy in this marriage would only go to set up a bank account!! Some days I swear my DH still feeds from an umbilical cord.

When we got married - he still had all of his mail going to their house (yet had been in a stable home for years!), had his finances so intertwined with theirs that it was ridiculous - borrowed money unnecessarily constantly because they would balk if he didn't, would let her do whatever she wanted whenever she wanted with our kids regardless of our plans - would let her insult and degrade me to my face and not say a word - and when we would get in an argument, he'd leave the house and go stay with her!! (Really - at 30 years old you're going to run to your mommy?!)

I never, ever imagined I'd be one of those women that said, "It's your wife or your mother," but I ended up being one. I don't care how much contact they have, but I'll be damned if he doesn't show me and our marriage some respect even while maintaining his mommy's boy relationship! :/

I'm sorry OP! Things have gotten much MUCH better for us - I only have to out my foot down occasionally now instead of daily. It didn't help that DH is fairly inexperienced in relationships...

Hope the kiddos are feeling better soon!
audreesmama
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 12:15 PM
I had a mommy's boy. He preferred his mother over me, so I filed for divorce. Now, he can spend as much time with her as he wants!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jessimicuh
by Gold Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 12:17 PM
My SOs mom lives with us... imagine that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)