Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would you let your kids over to grandmas house if.....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 37 Replies
My MIL has been doing foster care for about 10 years. All her kids are grown and out of the house. Last year she adopted a 13 (now 14 year old) that had been in their house for about 1.5 years.

Cut to the chase.....she called us to say that she found a drawing in his pocket while doing his laundry. It was a drawing of their basement and if said something like " hey kids do you want some candy, come down here" and the word "rape" written on the paper. He is denying that he wrote "rape" and says his friend did.

I know he had some mental abuse from a previous foster family, not sure about sexual abuse though.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2013 at 1:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2013 at 1:39 PM
1 mom liked this

that's a little unsettling.  I wouldn't until they found out what was going on.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2013 at 1:41 PM
Bump
dubolis
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 1:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Nope, my children would not be allowed over there as long as he is there. If your MIL wants to see your children, she can come to your house WITHOUT him. Protect your kids, not your MIL or this obviously troubled teen. She should get him into therapy ASAP before he does truly harm a child. 

BAMFSFW
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 1:42 PM

No, never and they would never go anywhere he was, ever!  I know from experience, kids can sense creeps and it makes them really uncomfortable, if I knew someone did this, I would never even put my kids a situation to feel uncomfortable by that person.....so a situation where he could actually have access to them would be over my cold dead body! 

VannaMae307
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 1:42 PM

I would be a little apprehensive before knowing the entire story and I would probably not leave him there, I'd visit but not let him overnight.

PEEK05
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 1:43 PM

Nope.  Better to be safe than sorry!

raefmom
by Gold Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 1:43 PM

I would as long as they were appropriately supervised. 

This is why I am waiting to become a foster parent until I my kids are older and able to defend themselves and/or report what is happening. DH and I plan to foster teenage boys and/or siblings. 

CampClan
by Platinum Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 1:43 PM

Not unless she had him in therapy! He & MIL would be welcome to my house (where no one would be left alone with him) but I would be afraid of her leaving my kids with him for a few minutes to run to the store or something!

mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Apr. 20, 2013 at 1:44 PM
Probably not
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
C12H22O11addict
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 1:44 PM
This:

Quoting dubolis:

Nope, my children would not be allowed over there as long as he is there. If your MIL wants to see your children, she can come to your house WITHOUT him. Protect your kids, not your MIL or this obviously troubled teen. She should get him into therapy ASAP before he does truly harm a child. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured