Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would you let your kids over to grandmas house if.....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My MIL has been doing foster care for about 10 years. All her kids are grown and out of the house. Last year she adopted a 13 (now 14 year old) that had been in their house for about 1.5 years.

Cut to the chase.....she called us to say that she found a drawing in his pocket while doing his laundry. It was a drawing of their basement and if said something like " hey kids do you want some candy, come down here" and the word "rape" written on the paper. He is denying that he wrote "rape" and says his friend did.

I know he had some mental abuse from a previous foster family, not sure about sexual abuse though.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2013 at 1:38 PM
Replies (11-20):
svolkov
by Emerald Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 1:45 PM
This. Id stay too to keep a close eye out.

Quoting VannaMae307:

I would be a little apprehensive before knowing the entire story and I would probably not leave him there, I'd visit but not let him overnight.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2013 at 1:48 PM
Bump for later
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2013 at 2:01 PM
Bump
LovelyLexy84
by Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 2:02 PM

No, not a chance. 

mom-o-7
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 2:21 PM

no way

AngryBob
by Platinum Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 2:23 PM
Not a chance in hell.
littlepinkrose
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 2:32 PM

I think it is time to have a serious talk with the boy.  Find out what the picture means to him why did he draw it and why was that stuff written.  Ask him if he knows why his friend wrote that if that is the story he is sticking too.  Also see if he thinks hurting kids is o.k. and let him know why we don't do these things.  And it may be a time to make sure nothing has happened to him.  Some kids act out as a way of telling others what they went through.  I think it is o.k. to let your kids over there maybe suggest grandma stay with them at all times and no overnights for awhile.  Or just have him over at your house.

Elle.tea.22
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 2:42 PM
It might be upsetting but it's a meme. There's the basement, the van, the Star Wars one. Basically it's to get people to join your club, or anyone to go somewhere scary or do something stupid under the promise of candy (like strangers lure kids over "hey come here, I got some candyyyy)

Join the dark side, we got candy
Come to the basement , we got candy
Jump in front of a train, I'll give you candy
You see the guy with the oily hair, trench coat and toothpick? If you hug him ill give you candy

I would find out where it's really coming from. And give him candy
Elle.tea.22
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 2:44 PM
2simple questions. Ask him if he knows who pedobear is and what 4chan is.
ACDC_fan
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 2:45 PM

Yeah.....no.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured