Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

would you let your kids over to grandmas house if.....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My MIL has been doing foster care for about 10 years. All her kids are grown and out of the house. Last year she adopted a 13 (now 14 year old) that had been in their house for about 1.5 years.

Cut to the chase.....she called us to say that she found a drawing in his pocket while doing his laundry. It was a drawing of their basement and if said something like " hey kids do you want some candy, come down here" and the word "rape" written on the paper. He is denying that he wrote "rape" and says his friend did.

I know he had some mental abuse from a previous foster family, not sure about sexual abuse though.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2013 at 1:38 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 20, 2013 at 2:46 PM
With that mind set don't bother. If you go in thinking foster children are villains and your kids are superior they don't need you. They deserve better

Quoting raefmom:

I would as long as they were appropriately supervised. 

This is why I am waiting to become a foster parent until I my kids are older and able to defend themselves and/or report what is happening. DH and I plan to foster teenage boys and/or siblings. 

Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Apr. 20, 2013 at 2:47 PM
I work in a middle school and kids joke about rape allll the time. I tell them its not funny etc. but they still do it all the time.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Apr. 20, 2013 at 2:47 PM

I would not leave my kids alone with him. Sounds like he was sexually abused. I hope your Mom gets him checked out by a Doctor.

Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Apr. 20, 2013 at 2:50 PM
I know a lot of sweet foster kids but I also am waiting until my kids are older. My best friend was a foster child growing up and she was amazingly sweet etc. but I've worked in the foster system, I've heard stories of what's gone on. I would rather my kids be older and less innocent.

Quoting Anonymous:With that mind set don't bother. If you go in thinking foster children are villains and your kids are superior they don't need you. They deserve better

Quoting raefmom:

I would as long as they were appropriately supervised. 

This is why I am waiting to become a foster parent until I my kids are older and able to defend themselves and/or report what is happening. DH and I plan to foster teenage boys and/or siblings. 

Mrs.Torres2566
by Mrs.T on Apr. 20, 2013 at 2:54 PM

No, not unsupervised.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2013 at 2:56 PM
He has always been in therapy since first living there, he seems likeable and doesn't creep me out....but I really have not spent a lot of time with him.

I feel bad for MIL, since this will really probably affect her ability to be "grandma" to her 8 grandkids in her own home.
Pnukey
by Jenn on Apr. 20, 2013 at 2:58 PM

No. I would not allow kids over at grandma's house with any foster kids present, even if there was no creepy picture. 

OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 2:59 PM

You do realize that this could be nothing? If he has access to google he has access to the memes like this.

Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 2:59 PM

No

ToolArmy066
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 3:00 PM

Quoting dubolis:

Nope, my children would not be allowed over there as long as he is there. If your MIL wants to see your children, she can come to your house WITHOUT him. Protect your kids, not your MIL or this obviously troubled teen. She should get him into therapy ASAP before he does truly harm a child. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)