Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

ds is irritating me

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
We're in his martial arts class... During warm up, he was complaining that he's shoulder hurt and he couldn't do it.... Now they're doing the real stuff and he's not doing it right at all... He's supposed to lay gently on the floor. Instead he's basically jumping and body slamming the ground. He's not listening to the instructor at all. The teacher will say, watch me then we'll do it together... Ds is doing it during his explanation. I'm half tempted to pull him if he can't listen/pay attention.

I know I'm irritated, and I'm over reacting but seriously, he's like this all day. Everyday
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2013 at 1:39 PM
Replies (11-16):
tardistraveller
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 1:55 PM

btw, my BIL does not pull ds aside to do that, he just does it across the gym, peer pressure can work for you sometimes.

Quoting tardistraveller:

sounds like my son, it gets on my nerves too!

I got him to quit it by bringing his uncle to his games.  My BIL raised 3 boys and is a hockey coach.  He basically yells at Z "C'mon, where's the effort?!!"

It sounds harsh, but sometimes boys need that push.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2013 at 1:57 PM
He's 7... We might have to do that. he had a bike but doesn't/can't ride it since it has no training wheels on

Quoting dubolis:

How old is he? If he is overweight, maybe you should just take him walking or rollerblading in the park. Last I checked, that was free. And added bonus, one on one time with him and YOU also get a workout! Until he can be respectful and pay attention to his instructor, its distracting to have him in a group setting. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 20, 2013 at 1:59 PM
Lol get sum Richard Simmons videos and make him watch AND participate in them twice a day till he gets motivated. A person can only take so much of Richard Simmons.

Quoting Anonymous:

We have all that... He has a ton of friends, but he's seen a the leader and he never initiates actual running around and stuff. Even tho he's been bad all week, I'm taking him to magic mountain and hopefully he can get some energy out at the play area they have there.

Quoting Anonymous:

Find him some friends, get a basketball goal. Try zumba DVD those are fun.

Quoting Anonymous:

He needs to be in something physical. He's overweight and even though I took the games and TV out and into storage, all he does is sit at home.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2013 at 2:00 PM
Sadly, no one else can take him. Its just me and him. Which us a big reason why I wanted him on a semi team effort, to get around older male adults... But I'm also tempted to stabs right beside him every step of the way. Embarrassing? Yes but something has to give! He's only got 3 more lessons left

Quoting tardistraveller:

I got him to quit it by bringing his uncle to his games.  My BIL raised 3 boys and is a hockey coach.  He basically yells at Z "C'mon, where's the effort?!!"

dubolis
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 2:01 PM

Forget the training wheels. Take him to the park and teach him how to ride a bike. What a wonderful memory that would be for him.....his mom teaching him how to ride a bike! Keep him in for the remainder of the class even if he isn't paying attention. This will probably drive you mad, but you don't want to teach him that he can act the fool and just quit something he has started. He has made a committment and he must honor it. 

Quoting Anonymous:

He's 7... We might have to do that. he had a bike but doesn't/can't ride it since it has no training wheels on

Quoting dubolis:

How old is he? If he is overweight, maybe you should just take him walking or rollerblading in the park. Last I checked, that was free. And added bonus, one on one time with him and YOU also get a workout! Until he can be respectful and pay attention to his instructor, its distracting to have him in a group setting. 

tardistraveller
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 2:04 PM

if there's no male around to hollar at him, you might have to be the man for him.  Honestly, I would not take the soft approach or let him out of the lessons, that will just teach him if he does a crappy enough job he'll get out of it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Sadly, no one else can take him. Its just me and him. Which us a big reason why I wanted him on a semi team effort, to get around older male adults... But I'm also tempted to stabs right beside him every step of the way. Embarrassing? Yes but something has to give! He's only got 3 more lessons left

Quoting tardistraveller:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN