Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you were about 20lbs above your desired weight and lost the weight...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 53 Replies
What did you do for diet and excercise and how long did it take?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2013 at 1:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Katenemsmom
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 1:54 PM
I would love to know the answer too.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
brittney28
by Brittney on Apr. 20, 2013 at 1:56 PM
1 mom liked this
I lost 60 pounds on the Atkins diet in about 3 months. No working out.
MommyTo5Boys
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 1:57 PM
6 moms liked this

As of today I have lost 65 lbs in 6 mos. 

All I have done is everything that you are supposed to do ...

• I exercise for at least an hour a day
  • Eat healty and watch portion sizes
  • Drink lots of water
  • Used MyFitnessPal to track everything
  • And most importantly - I made a lifestyle change that I can stick with forever, I did not go on a diet! 

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2013 at 1:57 PM
Wow!

Quoting brittney28:

I lost 60 pounds on the Atkins diet in about 3 months. No working out.

svolkov
by Emerald Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 1:59 PM
Healthy eating and any exercise is good. Weight is 90% diet. I gained 65 with my first son...lost 80.gained 55with my second lost 55. Gained 45 with third dd and have lost 30 so far(shes one). Watch your calories(usually between 1400-1800 if not lactating) and eat healthy.also it should be a lifestyle change not a diet. Then theres little risk of gaining back. I also look at my calories in two to three day intervals so if I eat over one day I just eat a little less the next. I allow most foods in moderation(no fast food tho) also many small meals every 2-3 hrs :) NO soda.only water tea or coffee
nocalmegan
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 2:00 PM
Is the diet satisfying? Like did u feel like you got to eat enough or were u always hungry. I need to lose 15# but I'm BFing so starving myself isn't an option lol

Quoting brittney28:I lost 60 pounds on the Atkins diet in about 3 months. No working out.
thecoffeefairy
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 2:00 PM
3-4 months
SuperPickle
by Gold Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 2:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Exercise and permanant life friendly food habit change(no "diets") I went from a top of 181 down to 118 in less than a year (118 was a bit too low IMO, I am now between 125-130) and kept it off for the last 6 years with no issues.

CampClan
by Platinum Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 2:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Well I was 130 pounds above my desired weight & I stopped drinking regular pop switched to diet). I lost 30 pounds in a year from that alone! I have now stopped drinking pop all together (drinking more water to replace it). I am going to start walking once the stupid Ohio weather starts acting right (I'd say normal but abnormal IS normal for Ohio weather).

brittney28
by Brittney on Apr. 20, 2013 at 2:03 PM
Oh yes, I ate as much as I wanted. All I ate was pure protein... Lots of meat, cheese eggs..... You can eat all you want! It just has to be protein and stay under 20 carbs a day.

Quoting nocalmegan:

Is the diet satisfying? Like did u feel like you got to eat enough or were u always hungry. I need to lose 15# but I'm BFing so starving myself isn't an option lol

Quoting brittney28:I lost 60 pounds on the Atkins diet in about 3 months. No working out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured