Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Look hunny I bought you something, my dh says to me

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 107 Replies
1 mom liked this

So my dh's comes home a couple of hours ago and calls me into the living room. He says he bought me something. I'm thinking wow a present for lil ol me, I feel so special 

I walk into the living room and there is a big bag with a big box in it. It was a pretty big box so I got excited. The whole time he is standing there with a big grin on his face like he is so proud of himself. I open the bag wondering what my loving and thoughtful husband could have boughten for me. I pull the box out of the bag still in anticipation.. 

My smille went away. And I just sat there staring at this big box. I looked up at my husband and he says. Isn't this awesome, now you have a play station 3. Ummm I don't ever recall asking for one and I don't ever recall telling him that I enjoy playing video games. He takes the box and starts opening it up and pulling the stuff out. Not really noticing or even caring that I am still just sitting there with no expression of happiness for this thoughtful gift that he clearly bought for himself. 

He got it all set up. He even bought me an awesome game to go with it. Some army fighting game. Than he got so confused as to why I walked away and was not interested in playing. 

Right now, he is playing the PS3 he bought for me and the new game he bought for me as well 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2013 at 3:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jillbailey26
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 3:12 PM
32 moms liked this

Go buy him a box of tampons as a present for him.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2013 at 3:13 PM
3 moms liked this

Take it and exchange it for something you want!  :)

dubolis
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 3:13 PM
3 moms liked this

So he basically bought himself a gift? How sweet.(eyerolls) You should in turn go buy "him" whatever you have had your eye on for a while and return the favor. What's fair is fair, right? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2013 at 3:14 PM
Aka he got himself a ps3. Nice..
livelaughlov26
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 3:14 PM
What an ass
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MochaBerry24
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 3:15 PM
3 moms liked this

Yah go buy yourself something nice and expensive and say it's a gift for him. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2013 at 3:15 PM

haha I should. 

I think I might just go buy something that is equal to the amount the PS3 and the game cost. I could use a new summer outfit lol

Quoting jillbailey26:

Go buy him a box of tampons as a present for him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2013 at 3:15 PM
Dh got me guitar hero for Mother's Day a few years ago..... WTF dh!!?!
yikesitsmindy
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 3:16 PM

this. what an ass hat. dh would never buy something so expensive without talking first.

Quoting MochaBerry24:

Yah go buy yourself something nice and expensive and say it's a gift for him. 

Pnukey
by Jenn on Apr. 20, 2013 at 3:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, go buy him some purses or shoes, or whatever it is that YOU love.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)