Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Hidden Camera In Her Room!? Updated with New Link 6/24/13

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 1115 Replies
14 moms liked this

My daughter is almost 16. Last night, or early this morning, around 1:30am she contacted me completely freaked out, scared, and angry. She was at her dad's, had crawled into bed to go to sleep, turned off the light and noticed a green light glowing near her vanity mirror. She went over and pulled the scarf she has hanging on the side of the mirror and found a camera!

Needless to say, I went right up and got her. She is furious with her dad, who has admitted to doing it. She never wants to go back to his place again, which I totally understand and respect. She took lots of pictures of the camera before tearing it down and raising hell in the house to wake up her dad and step-mom.

Here is my issue. Part of me wants to file a police report, and part of me doesn't really see the point since she will never be going back over there. She doesn't want to file a report because like it or not he is her dad and doesn't really want him in jail, she just never wants to go over there again. Do I leave this alone since she is out of there, safe, and will never be going back? Do I file a report in case his reasons are not those of a nosey parent and I had kids with a perv?

What would you do?

Oh and he admitted to putting the camera in her room, if that makes a difference in your thoughts and opinions.

ETA: He said he put it in her room because he wanted to know what she is doing in her room because she spends most of her time in her room when she is there.

I asked him why he just didn't talk to her and he just shrug.

She is honestly a very good girl. She has never been in any trouble outside of slacking off in school and having restrictions put on her until she got grades up. I am very diligent as a parent and do random spot checks on all her social media devices/apps. She doesn't have any bad friends that I wish she didn't hang around. 

Also, please know that I am reading all the responses. I am not responding a lot because I am genuinely digesting what you ladies are saying and talking to my daughter about it. Thank you all for helping us through this.

We are headed to the police station now. We have the camera. She refused to give it back to him, knowing she had undressed with it on last night. It is a digital camera that has to be downloaded or whatever so it is all stored in the memory of the camera. I will update when we get home.

Update from after being with the police on page 41.

Sunday update on page 84.

Monday update on page 99.

Tuesday update on page 106.

Link to new update (6/24/13) http://www.cafemom.com/group/115189/forums/read/18697445/Update_on_Hidden_Camera_Post?last#last    

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2013 at 3:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HandMmom12
by Jody on Apr. 20, 2013 at 3:13 PM
2 moms liked this
What was the purpose for the camera? Was it deviant in nature, was he spying on her? Why would he do that in the first place?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 3:13 PM
2 moms liked this

Why did they put that in her room? Is there something she has been doing there? There seems to be something very important missing from this. I am not sure if he is a pervert. He might think she is up to something.

thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 3:14 PM
3 moms liked this

Why did he put a camera there? Why would he go to jail for having a camera in his own house? Is this a perverted type of thing or was he just keeping a watchful eye?

Crashly
by Gold Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 3:14 PM
Why was the camera in there?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kbutton24
by Mrs.Sima on Apr. 20, 2013 at 3:15 PM

This. 

Quoting HandMmom12:

What was the purpose for the camera? Was it deviant in nature, was he spying on her? Why would he do that in the first place?

finnbar
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 3:17 PM
93 moms liked this
Um. Secretly taping a 16 year old undressing is perverted. End of story.
I would contact the police. He needs to be investigated
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2013 at 3:20 PM
3 moms liked this

He said he put it in her room because he wanted to know what she is doing in her room because she spends most of her time in her room when she is there.

I asked him why he just didn't talk to her and he just shrug.

She is honestly a very good girl. She has never been in any trouble outside of slacking off in school and having restrictions put on her until she got grades up. I am very diligent as a parent and do random spot checks on all her social media devices/apps. She doesn't have any bad friends that I wish she didn't hang around.

Val99
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 3:20 PM
13 moms liked this

I would file a police report.  He may do that to other young girls, and if you don't report it how would you feel.

elkmomma
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 3:20 PM
5 moms liked this

I would talk to an Atty. before making any decisions.  There could be a lot of varying issues no matter what you do or don't do.

silverdawn99
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 3:21 PM
18 moms liked this
Wtf? Police report immediately! Why would he do that?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)