Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

DD's kindergarten graduation

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

DD is having a kindergarten graduation at school. Because of limited seating in the cafeteria, each kindergartner only gets 3 tickets. I had planned on me, DH and my mom going since my mom is very close to DD, has been at everything for her and DD even said she wanted my mom there. We are having our other DD stay with my grandma so as not to use a ticket, she is only 2 anyway. 

My ex, DD's father called for the first time since Christmas yesterday. He asked to talk to her and she told him she just go a pretty new dress for her graduation (we had just gotten home from buying it). He asked me when it was and I told him it was next month (didn't even tell him the day) but I said that she only gets 3 tickets so there wouldn't be one for him. He said that he should get a ticket because he is her father. I reminded him that he had not called in almost 4 months and hadn't taken visitation (daytime is all that is ordered) in about 5 months. He has never helped her with homework, been to her school, he doesn't even know where she goes to school or who her teacher is.

He just wants pictures to put on facebook so he looks like a good dad and so his mom can show pictures off. That's how it always is, when he takes her for visits, he usually only takes her for an hour or so. I talked to DD and she said she doesn't care if he comes but she wants mommy, daddy (yes, she calls my DH daddy, he has been the one there for her since she was 8 months old) and Grammy to come.

Ex threatened to take this to court and I told him go ahead and explain to the judge why you went 4 months with no contact with her. I am sure he won't bother about it anyway.

Thanks I'm done venting now

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2013 at 4:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 20, 2013 at 4:09 PM

I wouldn't have told him the number of tickets that you get, just that they are limited. However, what's done is done. Maybe offer to let him take her to a special dinner that evening or weekend.

handy0318
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 4:10 PM

I understand the need to vent on this one.  Sounds like even though your dd doesn't have a good birth father, she has a great daddy and grandma.

QuirkyMom26
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 4:11 PM

Sounds a lot like my dds bio dad. He always pulled the " I'm going to take you to court card " . If he says that to me now, I laugh in his face. Good luck looking like a damn idiot.  I don't have any expert advice. I think you're doing the right thing. He can't conveniently come & go as he pleases. ' You snooze, you lose ' 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2013 at 4:12 PM

I think even if he thought she only got 1 ticket, he would still try to demand it. He doens't take her on his normal time, he just wants pictues of him at her graduation being a "good dad"

Quoting Anonymous:

I wouldn't have told him the number of tickets that you get, just that they are limited. However, what's done is done. Maybe offer to let him take her to a special dinner that evening or weekend.

RachelsMercy
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 4:13 PM

BUMP!

momo3fgr8tteens
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 4:14 PM

Yep-he could probably get another one if he called the school and asked though. Let him take you to court. DD deserves to have you, your dh and grandma there since they the ones that have been there for her each day. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 20, 2013 at 4:17 PM

Offer to allow him to take her out to lunch afterwards. He can take pictures then. Odds are good he won't show up and then he is the asshole and not you....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2013 at 4:28 PM

The letter home specifically said no exceptions. There are 70 kindergartners, 4 teacher and 2 teaching aids plus the principle and vice principal, that makes 218 and the max allotment for the cafeteria is 220.

Quoting momo3fgr8tteens:

Yep-he could probably get another one if he called the school and asked though. Let him take you to court. DD deserves to have you, your dh and grandma there since they the ones that have been there for her each day. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN