Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is he starting to get too big for this car seat?

Posted by   + Show Post

His feet can lie flat against the cars seat. I am a first time mom and didnt know to get a convertable car seat because they are bigger :-\ He is only 18lbs but I'm worried about his legs if we were to crash. Should I get another car seat??
He will stay rear facing and I know the straps are too loose in this picture. They have started loosenimg on their own for some reason so I have to find the receipt and return it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 4:33 PM
Replies (11-20):
DEJavu17
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 4:38 PM
1 mom liked this

what a cutie!!

rwcw89
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 4:38 PM

i prefer convertable car seats. does the car seat say the turn around weight / size? 

thePBandJmom
by Gold Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 4:39 PM

Also snug his harness straps up so you can't pinch any slack in them. And his chest clip should be at armpit level.

DevonD83
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 4:39 PM

Nope he is fine in it.. he is to big when his head gets past the top. They can bend and fold there legs and stay RF even in a convertible seat. You can change him if you want to and get a RF convertible one though. If he can set up alone then he can come out of the bucket seat. I kept my son in his till 18 months cause he was still fitting weight wise and he wasnt to tall. Straps are a bit loose and clip to low though.

amber710
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 4:40 PM
My infant seat says 22 lbs is its limit. My son is 16 and a half lbs and is also getting kind of big for it. I am planning on waiting until he reaches that weight anyways.

Check your seat for weight and hieght requirements. If it says he is too heavy or too tall, that is when you should be concerned about safety. If it doesnt say on the seat and you lost the manual most manufacturers make that info available online.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DevonD83
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 4:40 PM

I cant tell to well from the pic but is the seat in a base or just buckled in just the seat?

mrs.ramirez
by Gold Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 4:40 PM
He fits.

Just tighten his straps.

And make sure the belt is tight on the seat...it looks loose.
rach.jaco
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 4:41 PM
His chest clip needs to be up more - armpit level - and the straps should be a little tighter. As long as there is at last one inch of shell above his head and he doesn't exceed the weight limit of the seat he is fine.

It would also be okay to get him a convertible if you're more comfortable with that - just make sure he is still rear facing :-)
mrs.ramirez
by Gold Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 4:41 PM
1 mom liked this
And omg is he too cute!!!
rjmac88
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 4:43 PM
He fits. It's all about head room. His legs are fine and will be fine even if he's bending his knees. You can upgrade if you'd like but he does t fit great
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN