Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is cloth diapering really THAT hard? *Update! Pics at the top of page 15*

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 7:17 PM
  • 154 Replies

We have been using cloth diapers on our dd since she as a month old. My MIL stopped by to drop off some things for our kids. She brought some toys and clothes, and a HUGE case of diapers. First off, let me say i am very thankful she brought stuff over for her grand kids. But I have told her that its not about spending the $ on disposables, its less waste to use cloth. I am a SAHM and its practical for us to cloth diaper. DD is so much more comfortable in cloth. We even use all in one cloth. She thinks its weird to cloth diaper. I don't want them to go to waste, but i really don't like using them, neither does dd. Anyone have any good suggestions on how to tell her not waste the money?

*ETA* I do have a small pack of disposable for when we go out, but i have not really used them. I have a small wet bag for the dirty cloth in a zipper compartment  of the diaper bag. Going to shove them in the closet just in case we need them. If DD outgrows them before we open them I will donate. Thanks for all of the suggestions on what to do about mil being insistant on buying disposables. You mama's rock!

by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 7:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Torres2566
by Mrs.T on Apr. 20, 2013 at 7:18 PM
4 moms liked this

Your baby, your choice. If you don't want to use the diapers, donate them.

Mrs.Bryant1201
by Platinum Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 7:19 PM
5 moms liked this

This is my DD Sophia. Super comfortable in cloth. :)

xtwistedxlovex
by Platinum Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 7:19 PM
9 moms liked this
If she's that determined, let her buy them. If your washing machine breaks or there's some other emergency they may come in handy. Once she's outgrown them you can pass them off to a women's shelter or pregnancy crisis center. I'm sure they would greatly appreciate the donation.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 20, 2013 at 7:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Sell them on Craigslist lol Find out what they're worth and drop the price $10 or something.

Mrs.Bryant1201
by Platinum Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 7:20 PM
I don't have a problem donating them, I just don't want her to buy more for me to donate. kwim?
Quoting Mrs.Torres2566:

MommaTasha1003
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 7:20 PM
2 moms liked this

Tell her thanks for the diapers Ill donate them to the local womans shelter since we dont need them :)

MzShorty787
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 7:21 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree........ I go to a single moms group twice a month and when someone donates extra diapers they had from their kids the ladies go nuts and snatch them up lol

Quoting Mrs.Torres2566:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jenn8604
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 7:21 PM
Donate them to a crisis pregnancy center
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Bryant1201
by Platinum Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 7:23 PM

I want to say its a $25 case. Its from walmart. Huggies Size 2 120 count. I would rather donate though.

Quoting Anonymous:

Sell them on Craigslist lol Find out what they're worth and drop the price $10 or something.

Val99
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 7:24 PM

I started using cloth diapers when my daughter was born because disposables weren't readily available in my area yet.  She had rashes constantly!  When she was about a year old Huggies became available in my area and when I switched all the rashes cleared up immediately.  When my so was born two years later I started with disposables and never a rash.  I was so happy that my babies could be happy and healthy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN