Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do ever look at your mom and wonder

Posted by   + Show Post
How the fuck am I still alive? How the fuck did she keep me alive? WTF? My mom is crazy how did she raise someone so epic? Lol
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:31 PM
Replies (51-56):
babyblue415
by champagne on Apr. 20, 2013 at 9:11 PM

uh yeah.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Apr. 20, 2013 at 9:12 PM
I'm talking to a guy who seems to have it together currently he treats me and my daughter like we should be treated........

Quoting wulfeyes05:

My mother had two abusive husbands. One was my sister's father. She had an abusive boyfriend and many men who treated her like shit. Only three of the men she had were good people and she broke up with them. She looks for chaos in a man. They treat her like crap, she cries about it, they break up get back together over and over until finally they break up for good then she finds another bad man. My sister is just like her sadly. My grandparents and my uncle helped me the most.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yea i also asked her how the hell she ended up with an abusive man like my dad........and not someone who would've treated her better?

I love my dad but the abuse has scarred me forever and made me into a bitter woman tward most guys

AustinRonMommy
by Nickhole on Apr. 20, 2013 at 9:13 PM

Sometimes...and it's not a joke...my mom was a terrible mother and she hasn't gotten any better the older she's gotten... 

ilovemykids323
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 9:13 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

No, but I wonder if she loved/ loves me as much as I love my children when I look at them.

smurfbitebug
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 9:15 PM
My mother has made some really bad choices. Maybe if she had it to do over again, maybe she would have made better ones. I don't know. But that is how it was.
Plus, I wasn't the best kid. I was a daredevil who thought she was invincible, a clown, and rebellious. Such a bad combination.

So yeah.. I have no idea how I survived. Seriously. I used to jump out of two story windows just to freak the babysitter out. What kid does that? What kid survives that? What kind of mother hears the story of me jumping out a two story window and DOESN'T fire the babysitter? That's just one example. :/

And now DD is just like me. {:-(

Quoting wulfeyes05:

Lol awesome

Quoting smurfbitebug:

An average conversation with my mother:

"We can't go anywhere. I forgot DD's carseat."

"Just put her in a box."

"Box. Pssshhh. Now Tupperware.. that's an idea. Maybe pop some holes in the top, we'll be good to go."

Ten seconds later, mom is searching through my kitchen : not sure if that was a sarcastic conversation... or if she is searching for large Tupperware.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lindilouwho82
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 9:19 PM

My mother is an amazing woman. Smart, successful, independent, adventurous, intelligent and courageous. Does that make her a great mom? No necessarily. She is great role model and she definitely set the standard high for her children. But between her career, volunteer work, her college education and travels, she was rarely home. I had a slew of nannies and most of them were wonderful women but they were never "mom".

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)