Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Vicks question...

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 3:08 AM
  • 20 Replies

So I don't know what group to post this to so ill use the most active one.

where is it most effective? Under your nose, chest, feet, ect? 

CafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 3:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cwahtomy
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 3:09 AM
Not under the nose... chest, back, feet...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cwahtomy
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 3:10 AM
And put socks on as well :-)
tarakay0417
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 3:10 AM
I always put it on my chest and had someone put some on my back. I have heard to put it on the bottom of your feet and put socks on when you go to bed, but I haven't tried it.
Ninjascreenname
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 3:10 AM
Feet with socks. :)
cjsix
There are many ups and downs through out a marriage and our lives but,if we fight for what we care about most we can make it and find our hearts home <3
Today at 3:02 AM
by Platinum Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 3:11 AM

I always rub it on the kids chest and then put a little that's left on my finger under their nose. They are not thrilled but,it does help.

amberlyp
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 3:12 AM
I put it in my nostrils:)
want10more
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 3:12 AM

chest and back covered w/ cloth like a nightie. IIII like it under my nose, but i wouldn't do that to my kids. i've heard you can put a thick layer on your feet w/ socks. sounds weird and never tried it, but my family swears by it.

want10more
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 3:13 AM

(i do too. but shhhhhhhhhh don't say that! we're not supposed to!) lol. i guess it can irritate your nose more, and make nostril linings swell even worse. but oh.... it does feel so good when ur all sneezy n snotty!

Quoting amberlyp:

I put it in my nostrils:)

horseap
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 3:23 AM

Ive been told to put it on feet.  But I WONT use Vicks.  If its for you and your pregnant I wouldnt use it.  It contains turpentine oil...

http://www.vicks.com/products/vapo-family/vaporub-topical-ointment/ 

Turpentine oil is POSSIBLY SAFE when adults use it on their skin or inhale it appropriately. When used on the skin, it can cause skin irritation. When inhaled, turpentine oil can cause spasms of the airways, particularly in people with asthma and whooping cough.

Turpentine oil is UNSAFE when taken by mouth or used over a large area of skin. Turpentine oil, when taken by mouth, can cause serious side effects including headache, sleeplessness, coughing, bleeding in the lungs, vomiting, kidney damage, brain damage, coma, and death.

Special Precautions & Warnings:

Children: Do not let children take turpentine oil by mouth. It is UNSAFE. Children are particularly sensitive to the chemicals in turpentine oil, and they can die after swallowing it. There isn’t enough information to know whether turpentine oil can be safely inhaled by children or put on their skin. It’s best to avoid any use of turpentine oil in children.

Pregnancy and breast-feeding: It is UNSAFE to take turpentine oil by mouth. It might cause a miscarriage. Not enough is known about the safety of putting it on the skin or inhaling it if you are pregnant or breast-feeding. Stay on the safe side and avoid use.

horseap
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 3:28 AM

OP sorry the quote is from Webmd. The link is to the Vicks site and if you go to package info tab it will show you that its in the ingredients list.... Just sayin.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)