Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I have had SHINGLES numerous times and they SUCK!!!

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 6:53 AM
  • 54 Replies
I am in SO much PAIN!!
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 6:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LogansMommy0328
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 6:58 AM
:( hope you feel better *hugs* I've never had them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lifeisajoy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 7:01 AM

Quoting LogansMommy0328:

it feels like you are getting stabbed by knife repeatedly and when the blisters pop the pain is so excruciating!! THis too shall pass-is what I say-though it hurts!! and also I get nerve damage -I have nerve damage-
LogansMommy0328
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 7:05 AM
Oh man that sounds so bad I hope I never get them I've also never had chicken pox that's where you get the shingles from right? The pox virus.

Quoting lifeisajoy:

Quoting LogansMommy0328:

it feels like you are getting stabbed by knife repeatedly and when the blisters pop the pain is so excruciating!! THis too shall pass-is what I say-though it hurts!! and also I get nerve damage -I have nerve damage-
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 21, 2013 at 7:06 AM
Isn't there a shingles vaccine now?
lifeisajoy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 7:08 AM

Quoting LogansMommy0328:

Oh man that sounds so bad I hope I never get them I've also never had chicken pox that's where you get the shingles from right? The pox virus.

Quoting lifeisajoy:

Quoting LogansMommy0328:

pretty much yeah-it is dormate in your body and sometimes it comes out-usually in people over age 60 years but not always-it can come out on anyone-I am on a medication-and I pretty much know when it is shingles and try to hurry up and get to the doctor before it gets really out of control-yesterday she looked at me -and said "yep shingles"
lifeisajoy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 7:10 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Isn't there a shingles vaccine now?

Yes there is! Go get it! It works if you have never had shingles-it is very controversy if it works on people who already had shingles-actually the urgent care doctor told me yesterday to talk to my primary care physician if I should even consider it since I have had the shingles so many times-
lifeisajoy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 7:17 AM

BUMP!

SageAdvice
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 7:18 AM

So has my son, but he also had chicken pox 3 times ( before you all yell that's not possible, it is if your immune system is compromised ) He had his first case of shingles when he was 21, they were on one side of his FACE  ( imagine the middle of the nose as a dividing line,) they covered one whole half, his eye and all, it was horrible. His doctor gave him 3 different kinds of medicine to help with pain, itching and burning. They worked really well. He was very lucky, he didn't scar that much.

He has only had it once more since then on his chest, his doctor then suggested he get the vaccine.

I'm sorry you are in such pain.

mommytoeandb
by Platinum Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 7:21 AM
I'm sorry. I had it once in college. The likelihood of me getting it again is slim. Any idea why it keeps coming back?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lifeisajoy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 7:21 AM

Quoting SageAdvice:

So has my son, but he also had chicken pox 3 times ( before you all yell that's not possible, it is if your immune system is compromised ) He had his first case of shingles when he was 21, they were on one side of his FACE  ( imagine the middle of the nose as a dividing line,) they covered one whole half, his eye and all, it was horrible. His doctor gave him 3 different kinds of medicine to help with pain, itching and burning. They worked really well. He was very lucky, he didn't scar that much.

He has only had it once more since then on his chest, his doctor then suggested he get the vaccine.

I'm sorry you are in such pain.

I can empathize with your son-sorry had to go through that-it hurts so bad!! Did the vaccine help him?? I know the urgent care doctor brought it up last night that I should ask my primary care physician about the vaccine shot-though controversial because I have had the shingles so many times-at this point-hey if it works give me the shot!! Glad you son has not had them anymore-they hurt and suck!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)