Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

No I am not white... rant

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 109 Replies
9 moms liked this
Why is it that because I talk proper people mistake me for being white? Or when I "talk proper", I'm acting white? Why can't I just be an educated person? Why can't it just be that I'm smart and I'm awesomely brilliant with words? Why do I have to be acting? I'm not trying to be anyone but me. That really grinds my gears. Ugh. Rant over.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 21, 2013 at 7:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PerfectVirgo
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 7:23 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry. :( that's a stupid expression.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
popomill
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 7:23 AM
6 moms liked this
I hear you. Why can't a non-white person be educated and talk and act educated with out being judged for it? It think its stupid.
IndigoRose
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 7:25 AM

Yeah.  Stereotypes are everywhere. And, prejudices.  It's very annoying. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 21, 2013 at 7:26 AM
1 mom liked this
Where i live most black people speak ebonics or slang. I think it is not meant to offend you. If the majority speaks one way and you sound different its a honest mistake. Id be more upset at my peers for acting like that. It creates a sterotype...
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 21, 2013 at 7:27 AM
3 moms liked this

Talk proper? LOL

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 21, 2013 at 7:28 AM
1 mom liked this
It's early

Quoting Anonymous:

Talk proper? LOL

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 21, 2013 at 7:29 AM
1 mom liked this
This will sound horrible but I would most likely enjoy your company a ton more because I would actually be able to understand you. We have neighbors who speak in slang terms and the n-word every other word and I have no clue what they are saying.... I could careless what your color is just as long as I can figure out what your saying when you speak english. (not that I have issues with people speaking different languages)
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 21, 2013 at 7:29 AM
I got made fun of Friday for working hard on my school work... I'm white
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 21, 2013 at 7:30 AM
3 moms liked this
Black people aren't my peers just because they're black. I sure as hell don't know every black person on the planet and I sure don't give a crap how they act. It doesn't reflect on me. I'm an individual.

Quoting Anonymous:

Where i live most black people speak ebonics or slang. I think it is not meant to offend you. If the majority speaks one way and you sound different its a honest mistake. Id be more upset at my peers for acting like that. It creates a sterotype...
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 21, 2013 at 7:31 AM
I moved into the ghetto a while back and I legit needed a translator. We speak the same language but the dialect is way different IMO btwn English and ..... Whatever they speak here

Quoting Anonymous:

This will sound horrible but I would most likely enjoy your company a ton more because I would actually be able to understand you. We have neighbors who speak in slang terms and the n-word every other word and I have no clue what they are saying.... I could careless what your color is just as long as I can figure out what your saying when you speak english. (not that I have issues with people speaking different languages)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)