Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

They called him a baby & laughed at him!

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 7:35 AM
  • 331 Replies
My sons 5 year old friends at his birthday party! Yes, my 5 year old still uses a sippy cup, I know he's kinda old for it but he really liked it and I don't see a huge deal with it, and I will be talking to his dentist about using one. But his friends (mostly just one) laughed at him and called him a baby. My son is pretty good at defending himself and said he's not a baby and told his friend he doesn't like icky pop, which is what his friend was drinking. It's not like he never drinks from a big boy cup, it actually does all the time and he'll drink juice boxes and out of a juice pouch with a straw, he just likes sippys.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 7:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 21, 2013 at 7:37 AM
32 moms liked this

Yea, he is tool old for a sippy cup. Ever think of getting him a "grown up" version of a sippy, like a reusable water bottle?

2littledaisies
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 7:39 AM
1 mom liked this
I was thinking this too my 5yo has a water bottle with a top that pulls up.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yea, he is tool old for a sippy cup. Ever think of getting him a "grown up" version of a sippy, like a reusable water bottle?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 21, 2013 at 7:39 AM
18 moms liked this

Sorry but what do you expect kids to do.  You son is acting like a baby.  My two yr old,drinks from a cup all the time.  Does he have a blankie and pacifier too 

popomill
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 7:42 AM
No. He never had a binkie that shit is nasty. There is nothing wrong his a sippy its a comfort for him, he doesn't have very many of those left these days.

Quoting Anonymous:

Sorry but what do you expect kids to do.  You son is acting like a baby.  My two yr old,drinks from a cup all the time.  Does he have a blankie and pacifier too 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 21, 2013 at 7:43 AM
4 moms liked this
He's 5, so I assume going to kindergarten in the fall? Honey, I have found that most k kids are sweet, but it only takes 1 or 2 to make a child feel outcast.

There is NO reason other then babying him, to give hima sippy cup. My friend did the same with her daughters, and it effed up her 6 year olds teeth. You don't need a dentist for permission to give them up, and if he already uses othe cups, just toss them.
Supervane
by Ruby Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 7:44 AM
1 mom liked this
Lmao, so funny!

Quoting Anonymous:

popomill
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 7:44 AM
He drinks from a water bottle at his sports and if we're in the car I usually have a few bottles back there he drinks. The only time he ever really gets a sippy is at bed time and maybe a time or two during the day other wise it's normally a bed time thing. I don't pack them for him in the car or take them with is. When were out its a regular cup, same thing for dinner time. My son just said he wanted milk and my husband and just handed him a sippy.

Quoting 2littledaisies:I was thinking this too my 5yo has a water bottle with a top that pulls up.

Quoting Anonymous:Yea, he is tool old for a sippy cup. Ever think of getting him a "grown up" version of a sippy, like a reusable water bottle?

mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Apr. 21, 2013 at 7:45 AM
36 moms liked this
I don't agree with name calling.

But I also don't agree with lazy parenting. Or to purposely allow your son to be put in a situation where he would be teased or bullied for the choices YOU are making.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 21, 2013 at 7:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Then don't bitch someone made fun of him.  There is no reason for him to have a sippy cup.  You wipe his ass too.  Feed him his food too

Quoting popomill:

No. He never had a binkie that shit is nasty. There is nothing wrong his a sippy its a comfort for him, he doesn't have very many of those left these days.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 21, 2013 at 7:46 AM
17 moms liked this
Lol
kettle, meet pot.

Binkies are "nasty", but 5 year olds using baby cups is "comfort".

Quoting popomill:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)