Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Marriage not for some?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies
Are some people just not meant for marriage? I have recently left my 2nd husband for the exact same thing my 1st husband did to me. I just am writing off romantic relationships now and focusing on my work and my kids. I feel like its not worth being hurt or bringing another man into my kids lives.

Do you think kids living in a one parent home are destined for failure? I just feel like I let them down
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:49 AM

No. I came from a one parent home and I am well on my way to great success as are my siblings.

audreesmama
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:52 AM
5 moms liked this
Marriage isn't for everyone, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that, either. Dh was raised by a single mom who worked her ass off and taught her three kids to respect women and themselves. They are all pretty well-rounded and self-sufficient.

I, on the other hand, was raised by both my parents and was abused, neglected and tormented for everything I did. One of my brothers is in prison, another can't hold a job...it's a sad, sad family.

2 parents do not ensure success, and 1 parent doesn't mean failure.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Miss-B
by ‚ô•Divalicious‚ô• on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:54 AM
2 moms liked this
Yes, parents doesn't equal success. One parent doesn't equal failure.. I love how you put that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:54 AM
1 mom liked this
Maybe you just have a problem choosing men
mylifemylove864
by Ruby Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:55 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm going to say something that you're not going to want to hear.

The common denominator here is you. Have you taken a good long look at yourself to see what your part is in all of this? Even if its just the type of guy you choose.
Lizardannie1966
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:56 AM

Are you comfortable with sharing why you left both husbands? If not, I totally understand.

I'm asking because if it was a matter of something that also affected your children, even if not deliberately, is that a good life to provide for your kid's? Kwim?

If you have made a choice to leave your husband's, it is YOUR choice. If that decision makes you happier, your children will sense it and know that you're happier than you were while married.

I can't see where that could be called failing as a parent. :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:56 AM
Yes I have looked at myself and yes I know I am the common factor. I think I look over the bad in people and just want to see the good. Its no excuse really because I should have seen it coming.

Quoting mylifemylove864:

I'm going to say something that you're not going to want to hear.

The common denominator here is you. Have you taken a good long look at yourself to see what your part is in all of this? Even if its just the type of guy you choose.
MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:57 AM
If anything ever happened to DH I would be done with relationships.
Nothing wrong with it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:58 AM
They both cheated multiple times in the beginning of my pregnancy. After found out there was no remorse at all. I cannot live the life of a doormat being cheated on.

Quoting Lizardannie1966:

Are you comfortable with sharing why you left both husbands? If not, I totally understand.

I'm asking because if it was a matter of something that also affected your children, even if not deliberately, is that a good life to provide for your kid's? Kwim?

If you have made a choice to leave your husband's, it is YOUR choice. If that decision makes you happier, your children will sense it and know that you're happier than you were while married.

I can't see where that could be called failing as a parent. :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonopotamus
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:00 AM
No nothing wrong with that. I always knew I wasn't meant to marry but I followed social pressure, married anyways and am failing... miserably to might I add.

Some of us really aren't meant to be married.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)