Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Sil is pissed because im not going to be her maid of honor..apperantly im being selfish

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 77 Replies
Sil asked me to be her maid of honor.

i told her right away that i was not going to be able to afford a dress.

she told me id only need 300 dollars...well thats alot to me and dh but we talked about it and got that saved.

we went dress shopping. at a size 12 i am the largest member of the bridal party, second largest girl is a size 6. the dresses they were looking at scared me because what was looking good on them wasnt going to look good on me.

she ended up wanting a 300 dollar strapples dress. my first thought was 'oh shit'. i wear DDD bra and i was worried about keeping my boobs tucked away.

but i didnt say anything. i ordered my size. i paid for the dress and they came in last week.

sil then decided that she doesnt like the dress on me and that i should wear a different dress any way since id be the maid of honor.

the new dress she picked is 800 dollars and they wont take this dress backt...

theres no possible way for me to get that dress.

i explained it to her yet again.

she got pissed. she said that im just trying to make her wedding about me and that if i really loved her i wouldnt have a problem getting the dress. she then went on to say that its not fair for me to be like this when she cooperated during my wedding..

at my wedding sil couldnt afford a dress at all..i bought her dress and shoes to wear. and all she did was bitch about how ugly she thought it was...

im not trying to be a bitch but i cant afford this dress...
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:17 AM
2 moms liked this

OMG thats horrible. Sell the dress on Ebay or craigs list and let her be pissy.

lexiloo714
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:20 AM
3 moms liked this
Tell her to go f--- herself
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:21 AM
4 moms liked this
Some women truly take this whole "you do it, its my day" crap over board and lose sight of people's ability to monetarily participate in their weddings.
ajdahd13
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:21 AM
6 moms liked this

What's up with these brides thinking the world revolves around them just because they're getting married? Someone needs to slap these selfish bitches. Anyway OP, I'd tell her "I'm sorry but I just CAN'T afford the new dress. I thought I was being generous by paying $300 for a dress I don't like for your wedding, but now I see you are just being unreasonable. I am taking myself out of the situation by not being in the bridal party" 

WhenInRome
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:22 AM
1 mom liked this
Sell the dress.
I wouldn't even go to the wedding if she is going to be such a bitch
209mom4you
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:22 AM
1 mom liked this
Tell her to either buy it for you or stfu and find a new moh
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:22 AM
2 moms liked this

I wouldnt pay 800 bucks for a maid of honor dress. No way in hell. I even have the money and wouldn't do it. Im not in the habit of wasting my cash like that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:23 AM
Eff that. She's being a bridezilla, just forget about it. Can you get your money back on the dress you did buy?
anotherhalf
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:24 AM
1 mom liked this
You are being reasonable and she is being selfish.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
baquick
by Ruby Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:24 AM
1 mom liked this
Fuck that shit. My wedding had girls ranging from 4-16. I made sure I choose a dress they all liked and looked good on them. If I ended up not liking one of them I would have bit the bullet and dealt with it. I got Lucky and they all looked good.

Tell your SIL to go fuck herself.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN