Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

When your husband is upset, does his take it out on you??

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:07 AM
  • 22 Replies
My husband has been taking all of his anger and frustration out on me.

It's really hard to handle especially being in my 8 mo of pregnancy and having an almost 2 yr old son.

He's just being so mean and threatening and overall nasty to me. He blows up at me for anything that I say and so I've been trying to not say anything to him so that it just is quiet and not him yelling at me.

I tell he is wrong and I try reasoning with him, but he's irrational and it doesn't work.

He's really upset that my father and him are having issues between each other and so he is saying he hates me and he hates my family because of it.

All the mean things he says, I try to just breathe and let it roll off of my shoulders and forget .. But it's really hard.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mkingsley
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:09 AM
That's abusive and not right, but yes I have noticed a kit of friends having the same issue.
MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:09 AM
That's not ok! He shouldn't take things out on you.
My DH just gets quiet when he is upset or angry over things.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:11 AM

I'm sorry but he shouldn't treat you like that. He needs to take that up with your father and not out on you.

Beautiful31mom
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:11 AM

No, absolutly not. I would not allow myself to be treated like that.

Hyman
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:12 AM
I almost want to just send my dad a message asking him to talk to my Dh so that he stops treating me like this. It's really draining.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm sorry but he shouldn't treat you like that. He needs to take that up with your father and not out on you.

MommyAddie
by Platinum Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:14 AM
That's not ok. Mine doesn't. Once my mom was over as he had a temper tantrum of sorts, a little embarrassing but it wasn't directed at me (and he had a very valid reason to be pissed.) Thats a rare occasion.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:14 AM

Let me guess, you all live with your parents?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:14 AM

No. But he does tend to get really annoyed with the kids easily. They tend to go to bed early when he is upset. Even it what caused him to be upset isn't us. 

circle_of_life
by Platinum Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:14 AM
1 mom liked this
No, that shitty of him. My dh gets bitchy sometimes when he's upset about something, but your dh is crossing the line!
Hyman
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:14 AM
I wish he would. I asked him to talk to me about it when were alone at home instead of in the car with our son on the way home and he yelled at me blowing up.

I just feel like our relationship and how he treats me is getting worse and worse and I am dreading it.

Quoting MIA0223:

That's not ok! He shouldn't take things out on you.

My DH just gets quiet when he is upset or angry over things.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN