Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Interesting way to start the day... Update in red

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:16 AM
  • 56 Replies

I woke up this morning to the phone ringing and in my half asleep state I heard the answering machine kick on. After a short pause I heard a man say "Aim this is dad give me a call when you can".

Well that's interesting! My name is Amy and my dad always called me Aim. That was my dad calling obviously. No big deal, right? WRONG! My dad is dead...or so I thought!

I have to first tell you my dad and I have had a very rocky relationship since I was about 14 and we don't talk often. I went to see him in July of last year when he was extremely sick, and I stayed a few days. I have two small kids, a  job, and a husband to look after so I came home. We live about 6 hours apart. Well a few weeks later I got the call from my oldest brother that my dad had passed. I was upset of course, but I decided to not attend his services since my brother said it would just be a short memorial service anyway. I have heard nothing else from my brother or my dad since then.

Now this morning I wake up to that voicemail. What in Gods name is going on here?

I am a wee bit scared to call the number back......I am just too confused right now!

Okay, I am about to call! **deep breath**

I just called, and it was absolutely my dad! He sounds soooo different than he did last time I saw him. He sounds like maybe he has dementia or something of the sort. It's like it is hard for him to say aloud waht he is thinking. He is repeating himself a lot, and just kept saying how happy he was to hear from me! He said he thought I was angry with him and that he might never get to talk to me again.

Apparently he is in good health though, and is very much alive. I decided not to mention what my brother had done, because I am afraid it would confuse him that much more. I did ask about my older brother though, and dad said he hadn't talked to "B" in a long while. Dad said they had a falling out and hadn't spoken since!

This all sounds like something out of a movie. I just know I am really unsure what to think, but I am thrilled my dad is okay! He will get to meet his new grandson after all, and that is just awesome!

I am somewhere between being completely thrilled and thinking it's to good to be true.

by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TheMrs407
by Emerald Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:18 AM
Did you call the number back? Have you called your brother?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kortlynia
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:18 AM

I would call back out of pure curiosity. It would bother me until I figured it out.

mich.el.le
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:18 AM

Wtf?! Good luck mama. :/

AF2011
by Ruby Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:18 AM

Ohhh...that is weird....I have no advice for you. Maybe call him back? idk.

ColieO
by Ruby Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:19 AM
That is crazy! Curiosity would get me.I'd have to call back.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:20 AM
1 mom liked this
Call the number back and update!
Amybarnhart11
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:20 AM

I did try calling my brother but apparently his number has been changed. I then called my SIL and left her a voicemail telling her I needed to speak with my brother asap. 

Quoting TheMrs407:

Did you call the number back? Have you called your brother?

kellysparkles
by Platinum Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:20 AM

Holy shit!  Good luck, girl!  Let us know what happens!

taramac
by Platinum Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:21 AM
Creepy, I would definitely call the number out of curiosity.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
xtina8817
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:21 AM

Bump for an update!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)