Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

GMO and what not...???

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:52 AM
  • 36 Replies
1 mom liked this
What info or resources can you share regarding GMO, and other "messed up" stuff about the food we are consuming? I could do a google search and I will but I'd like to know where you stand on the topic. I am not informed at all on the subject.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cfcf
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:54 AM
Bump!
cfcf
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:03 PM
Bump
CplusG
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:04 PM
I can share some later today if no one else does.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cfcf
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:06 PM
Thanks. I'm interested to see what effects these foods have in us too and what would be the result of eating a more organic diet, beyond just the fact that it would be healthier.

Quoting CplusG:

I can share some later today if no one else does.

PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:17 PM

GMO products have been genetically modified to contain herbicide in their dna so you are consuming glycophosphate everytime you eat gmo produce.  The GMO crops are contaminating non-gmo crops and killing milkweed plants which is causing a decline in the monarch butterfly population.  There are even credible studies that gmo crops are partially responsible for the honey bee collapse.  There is evidence that gmos insert their dna into ours when consumed. 

cfcf
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:37 PM
So if they are contaminating non-GMO is it killing the crops or are we essentially eating genetically modified foods when we think we're not?

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

GMO products have been genetically modified to contain herbicide in their dna so you are consuming glycophosphate everytime you eat gmo produce.  The GMO crops are contaminating non-gmo crops and killing milkweed plants which is causing a decline in the monarch butterfly population.  There are even credible studies that gmo crops are partially responsible for the honey bee collapse.  There is evidence that gmos insert their dna into ours when consumed. 

PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:51 PM

GMO crops are contaminating conventional crops.  And here's the kicker.  Monsanto sues these conventional and organic farmers for stealing their gmo crops when their gmo contaminated the nongmo crops.  Any product that contains soy or corn and even sugar (unless it says cane sugar) that is not labled organic is probably gmo.

Quoting cfcf:

So if they are contaminating non-GMO is it killing the crops or are we essentially eating genetically modified foods when we think we're not?

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

cfcf
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:54 PM
Wow.

So basically these big "farmers" will destroy the local, or small farmers. And eventually our only option will be genetically modified foods?

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

GMO crops are contaminating conventional crops.  And here's the kicker.  Monsanto sues these conventional and organic farmers for stealing their gmo crops when their gmo contaminated the nongmo crops.  Any product that contains soy or corn and even sugar (unless it says cane sugar) that is not labled organic is probably gmo.

Quoting cfcf:

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:55 PM

We are completely organic at this point and most organic food is non-GMO.  I refuse to let a mad scientist feed my family anymore!

PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:57 PM

Yes.  and that's not even considering the environmental complications which are even scarier.  Their plan is to own all seed stock and god help us if there is a blight that kills all the crop.  BTW, it is already happening to gmo crops -- the blight I mean.  Potentially it could mean nationwide starvation.

Quoting cfcf:

Wow.

So basically these big "farmers" will destroy the local, or small farmers. And eventually our only option will be genetically modified foods?

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Quoting cfcf:

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)