Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Where is Miss Bee???? So question about shooz

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:36 PM
  • 73 Replies

So as some of you all know I got the job at the University *woo hoo* but I also I have to buy a whole new wardrobe! I have to dress office/professional now :(

I love my sporty clothing ya know columbia and my parachute pants and codoroy and tennis shoes, and berkenstalks and so forth. This is all I have! I had to shop for trousers this week and they getting hard to find with spring almost over and summer coming.

So anyhow I have to buy all new clothing and shoes only I hate heels I cannot stand or walk in heels! I cannot find white flats (WTF?). I was told that open toe shoes is acceptable so that is a plus I guess...

So... Where do you draw the line for shoes and clothing based on casual where it is no longer considered professional? What about shoes I only wear flats! Can you wear flats and they look good with everything? What about flip flops are fancy ones ok???

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

It's wrong to be a bully with one exception. It's ok to bully those you THINK are a bully.

by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thetrollcat
by Meow on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:36 PM

BUMP!

LooneyLovegood
by Ruby Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:39 PM
I didnt know. Congrats!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:40 PM

have you tried wedges or kitten heels ? NO flip flops. Find cute colorful flats to make your outfit pop. instead of white buy Neutral(nude) it looks better and goes with more outfits. Skirts and dresses are so IN for spring and summer with the right flats the looks is adorable. Pinterest has cute outfits posted.

thetrollcat
by Meow on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:40 PM

Thank you, my hubby had four balloons sitting on the island in the kitchen that had U GOT THE JOB on them :) It was a nice surprise :)

Quoting LooneyLovegood:

I didnt know. Congrats!

I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

It's wrong to be a bully with one exception. It's ok to bully those you THINK are a bully.

TSNDDY
by Emerald Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:41 PM
What is a fancy flip flop?
There are lots of dressy flats.. Get like a shiny pair in a neutral color.
thetrollcat
by Meow on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:41 PM

so no flip flop styles at all>? Some are very fancy and decorative....

I didnt think about the nude color good idea! I was getting frustrated I couldnt find white flats!

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

have you tried wedges or kitten heels ? NO flip flops. Find cute colorful flats to make your outfit pop. instead of white buy Neutral(nude) it looks better and goes with more outfits. Skirts and dresses are so IN for spring and summer with the right flats the looks is adorable. Pinterest has cute outfits posted.

adhaodd1child
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:42 PM
Bump
thetrollcat
by Meow on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:44 PM
  1. Like for example these shoes  CLICK HERE
Quoting TSNDDY:

What is a fancy flip flop?
There are lots of dressy flats.. Get like a shiny pair in a neutral color.

lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:44 PM

Quoting thetrollcat:

so no flip flop styles at all>? Some are very fancy and decorative....

I didnt think about the nude color good idea! I was getting frustrated I couldnt find white flats!

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

No sorry flip flops are for the beach or hanging around. Not in the work place. The rules of dress for the office is dress for the job you want !

Surround yourself with people that add to your life not subtract from it.

TeamTARDIS
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:45 PM
Kitten heels are nice!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)