Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I eavesdrop on people when they speak spanish

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I dont.look soanish at all.light skin and light hair. But i understand every word of spanish. I love to listen to peoples conversations. Its like my own private secret noone knows unless i tell people. 

I love it. 

Its not like i do itintentionally but when you understand you just naturallyl listen. 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:38 PM
Replies (31-40):
EmilysMom2010
by Ruby Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:49 PM
I would too!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
svolkov
by Emerald Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:49 PM
My dh and fil were talking about my butt at dinner last night. Thanks pervs I know wtf bopa means(russian)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MommyLehr
by Veronica on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:49 PM

DH does that too. It always shocks people when he speaks spanish. Mostly because he is black. 

When they find out they always think he is Dominican. 

areles
by Platinum Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:50 PM
hahaha, re the Kim. mine was kim too!

they particularly love the fat ladies. oh god, the shit they say.

i came in one day and all the girls started buzzing and chirping. i asked kim what was up, and she said:

'oh, they're saying that you lost weight. that you used to be like this (gestures with hands far apart), and now you're like this (hands closer together). you look better now! don't get fat again!'

i laughed my ass off. their honesty, man, it's awesome.

also, bear in mind, the wide hand fat version of me was 125. I'd lost about seven pounds. haha.

Quoting VannaMae307:

I had one like this too, I couldn't pronounce her name and asked if I could just call her Kim. She said "call all the girls Kim, and all the guys Han, it will be almost right" hahaha

and she said someone said I had big fuckin feet, but I do, so no offense was taken to that by me. I was there every 1-2 weeks so it was either awkward silence or suck it up and ask, sooo.....

Quoting areles:

haha! it IS! i had a good relationship with my nail girl years ago and she would always translate their conversations for me. 'when you think we're talking about you, we ARE!' haha.

Quoting Anonymous:

No no that's the nail salon ladies

Quoting Anonymous:

So, is the stereotype that they're talking crap about the people that are around them true?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:50 PM
¡Pinché mentidosa!
LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:50 PM
My SO is a pasty, ginger white boy who speaks fluent Spanish...it is quite funny when he hears things he's not supposed to, haha...the looks he gets when he speaks it are priceless...haha...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bozobean
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:50 PM
I know, it's a scream. I'm white and learned Spanish in college. I like to listen to people speaking Spanish and act like i'm clueless for a few minutes, and then join their conversation in their language. The look on their face is priceless. Lol

Quoting VintageWife:

Don't you love it when people assume you can't understand the language they're speaking?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:51 PM
So have they ever said anything about you? I find it odd when they are speaking English, then when I'm in line with them, suddenly start speaking Spanish.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:51 PM

Well i did catch one person doit long time ago but nothing since then.  Actually my family does it also and yes we doit for others not to understand us. Bythe way i fixed the title. Sorry. Autocorrect. 

pbjtime87
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:51 PM
I do it all the time...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured