Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I eavesdrop on people when they speak spanish

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I dont.look soanish at all.light skin and light hair. But i understand every word of spanish. I love to listen to peoples conversations. Its like my own private secret noone knows unless i tell people. 

I love it. 

Its not like i do itintentionally but when you understand you just naturallyl listen. 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:38 PM
Replies (71-80):
moosesmom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 1:25 PM
Does that really work? I want to try it.

Quoting ariel000000:

Haha thank you rosetta stone
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Apr. 21, 2013 at 1:25 PM

I do the same thing when people speak french

MrS.GiFFord
by Platinum Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 1:31 PM

Well I knew it was something lol. I am Native and people always think or ask me if I'm hispanic. One guy even started speaking spanish to me...

Quoting Anonymous:

Cuban lol

Quoting MrS.GiFFord:

Puerto rican....you look like a girl I used to know

Quoting Anonymous:

Do I look Spanish?

caito
by Ruby Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 2:15 PM

When I hear someone speaking Spanish, and their conversation looks interesting, I ask my husband what they're saying. Usually he's in lala land though lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Apr. 21, 2013 at 2:19 PM
I do the same. I'm not Hispanic in any way just a blonde haired, green eyed white girl so noone suspects a thing haha I think it's pretty funny
t1gger143
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 2:20 PM
I do too. I am very much white, but my best friend growing up was Mexican and her mom would only speak Spanish to us because she wanted us to learn. I can only say a few things, but I understand a lot. I am also fluent in sign so I catch myself watching.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on Apr. 21, 2013 at 2:20 PM
Spanish*
Anonymous
by Anonymous 18 on Apr. 21, 2013 at 2:22 PM

I eaves drop on some of my coworkers when they are speaking Mandarin.  I don't even speak the language and I'm not even Chinese.

mamide02ninas
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 2:24 PM

that funny i was at the mall yesterday and some white woman kept kelling her white dd te amo mamasita and ven migija and trying to show off infront of my dh and she didnt like when i started talking to him fast in perfect spanish she said oh are you speaking spanish? sounds like you are fluent in it! i said yes i was and yes i am my dh is mex and she said oh my sister is dating a puerto rican man and i said oh hun its diff and im good at it with a smile lol she looked embarrassed :)

ShaniahsMama
by Asian persuasion on Apr. 21, 2013 at 2:24 PM
I do that too. But to a Thai or a Chinese person. I'm Thai so I understand Thai. I understand Chinese because my mom likes to curse me out in Chinese sometime.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)