Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm concerned I may be pregnant! *EDIT*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Is it possible to have pregnancy symptoms 2 1/2 weeks after having sex? I know the exact date... April 3. My ex and I are sort of back together and that was our first time having sex in over 6 months. I haven't been with anyone else either.

I'm concerned I may be pregnant. I have a Paraguard in and am having regular bleeding like I'm menstruating but my boobs hurt sooo bad I have barely slept the last two nights. It hurts to even move. This is how I knew I was pregnant with my son. I'm concerned because of the Paraguard. I've had it in for almost 4 years now.

I'm also curious if a pregnancy test would be accurate since I'm bleeding and considering it's been only 2 1/2 weeks? Anyone experienced anything similar?

Thanks ladies! :)

EDIT: I ran to the store to get a 3 pack of tests. I took one, it's negative. I'll take another tomorrow and the following day if I still have these symptoms. Either way, I may make an appointment to see my OB this week just in case. Thanks all who gave advice. I forgot how expensive these tests are! lol :)

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 21, 2013 at 1:10 PM
Replies (11-20):
barneysaid
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 1:25 PM
Take a test or go get a blood test done...

Quoting Anonymous:

I think I am. It's about the time I would. I don't keep track because they've always been so irregular so it's hard to tell. I don't have tenderness like this normally. That's the only reason I'm questioning it.

Quoting barneysaid:

Are you on your period? I have Paraguard too & when I'm going to get my period it feels like pregnancy symptoms. I usually freak out every month :)

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 21, 2013 at 1:26 PM
Thanks. What is fmu and bfp?

Quoting TTC2Long:

Get a few dollar store tests. Be sure they're pink dye and use fmu. If you happened to ovulate right around the day of sex, it is possible to be pregnant and to get a bfp now. I'd test tomorrow am. If bfn, wait a week and test again. GL!

daughteroftruth
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 1:27 PM

well... since you are about 19 days passed the day you had sex i would say test..... i asked because even if you had sex on the 3rd you may not have ovulated tll later...sperm can stay in you body for up to a week..either way if you grab a test made to detect 5 days prior to a period, the results should be accurate.  

Quoting Anonymous:

No clue. It's pointless for me to keep track. Always has been. It's very frustrating.

Quoting daughteroftruth:

what was thw dae of your last period?

TTC2Long
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 1:27 PM
Oh, sorry! Fmu - first morning urine, bfp - big fat positive, bfn - big fat negative

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting TTC2Long:

Get a few dollar store tests. Be sure they're pink dye and use fmu. If you happened to ovulate right around the day of sex, it is possible to be pregnant and to get a bfp now. I'd test tomorrow am. If bfn, wait a week and test again. GL!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 21, 2013 at 1:29 PM
Dammit, looks I'm going to get some tests today!!

Quoting daughteroftruth:

well... since you are about 19 days passed the day you had sex i would say test..... i asked because even if you had sex on the 3rd you may not have ovulated tll later...sperm can stay in you body for up to a week..either way if you grab a test made to detect 5 days prior to a period, the results should be accurate.  

Quoting Anonymous:

No clue. It's pointless for me to keep track. Always has been. It's very frustrating.

Quoting daughteroftruth:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 21, 2013 at 1:30 PM
Got it! Is morning urine really that much better?

Quoting TTC2Long:

Oh, sorry! Fmu - first morning urine, bfp - big fat positive, bfn - big fat negative

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting TTC2Long:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 21, 2013 at 1:33 PM

You should always keep track of when your last period was it's so simple now just get an ap for your phone. Even if your irregular it's a question every dr will ask you.

Chances are since your bleeding your pregnant, My boobs always hurt around flo time. my symptoms have changed since getting on paragaurd. How long have you had it?

TTC2Long
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 1:34 PM
It depends on how far along you are. If you're still early, yes it can make all the difference. If you're already 5-6 weeks or more, no, it doesn't matter. But it can take 7-10 days for the fertilized egg to implant and several days for enough hCG to build up in your system to show on a test. You know the date you had sex, but you could have ovulated up to 5 days later and gotten pregnant from that time, which would mean you've had 14 days. That's borderline, so you increase your chances of an accurate test by using fmu, in which hCG will be more concentrated.

Quoting Anonymous:

Got it! Is morning urine really that much better?

Quoting TTC2Long:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting TTC2Long:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 21, 2013 at 1:35 PM

No, keeping track never did anything for me but thanks.

How long have I had what? The Paraguard? I said 4 years.

Quoting Anonymous:

You should always keep track of when your last period was it's so simple now just get an ap for your phone. Even if your irregular it's a question every dr will ask you.

Chances are since your bleeding your pregnant, My boobs always hurt around flo time. my symptoms have changed since getting on paragaurd. How long have you had it?

daughteroftruth
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 1:35 PM

Good luck.. let us know when you do.  If you are, you need to get to the ob asap to have that IUD looked at... no pain or anything to indicate that it has moved?

Quoting Anonymous:

Dammit, looks I'm going to get some tests today!!

Quoting daughteroftruth:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting daughteroftruth:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN