Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Weekly dinner menu..What's yours??

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 3:16 PM
  • 91 Replies

Do you decide in advance what to cook all week?? Post your menu for the week here! What are you making?

Here's ours. It's all Weight Watcher's friendly, low calorie stuff.

Lasagna Rolls (lots of leftovers)
Spaghetti & Meatballs
Honey Garlic Pulled Pork, Peas, Corn Fritters, Macaroni Salad, H
omemade Rolls (lots of leftovers)
Dry Ribs, Roasted Baby Potatoes, Corn Baked Cheesy Spaghetti Squash, Homemade Rolls
Ham & Cheese Pizza w/ Crazy Bread & Marinara, Cucumber Salad
Split Pea & Ham Soup, Homemade Rolls

Desserts:
Key Lime Pie
Banana Splits
Lemon Bars
Straw. Banana Slushies

by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 3:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
XoXo.Nikki.XoXo
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 3:16 PM
I don't in advance. It's usually decided the night before or that morning.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
supermama322
by Kaylee on Apr. 21, 2013 at 3:18 PM

Do you shop daily or just use what you have on hand?

Quoting XoXo.Nikki.XoXo:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 21, 2013 at 3:20 PM

I typically shop for 3 or 4 weeks at a time, I just went shopping last week, probably wont for another week, maybe two depending on if we eat out etc.

I know what foods I make and would like to eat and buy all the basics, i don't have a menu planned just what i'm feeling like the day before Ill take out or prep for it.

When my son lived with us I did more of a menu thing, but now, dinner isn't all that important.

Tonight we are having a London broil on the grill, roasted garlic potatoes and corn on the cob.

Tomorrow will probably be left overs.

Kristen.Marie
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 3:21 PM
I usually plan out about 4 dinners then just figure we will eat leftover or get take out the other nights.

I don't make desserts ever, unless it's like a holiday or birthday. We do go out for ice cream at least once a week after dinner.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
supermama322
by Kaylee on Apr. 21, 2013 at 3:23 PM

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...I think we're going to BBQ next weekend. Too much snow to get it out of the garage still. lol

Quoting Anonymous:

I typically shop for 3 or 4 weeks at a time, I just went shopping last week, probably wont for another week, maybe two depending on if we eat out etc.

I know what foods I make and would like to eat and buy all the basics, i don't have a menu planned just what i'm feeling like the day before Ill take out or prep for it.

When my son lived with us I did more of a menu thing, but now, dinner isn't all that important.

Tonight we are having a London broil on the grill, roasted garlic potatoes and corn on the cob.

Kitschy
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 3:24 PM

I do

Tonight Basil Chicken with coliflower

Monday Chimichongas with rice and beans

Tuesday Veggie Pasta in a cream sauce with sun dried tomatoes

Wednesday Chicken nuggets with bunny mac and broccoli (kids choice)

Thursday Grilled chicken, avacado, and goat cheese  with mixed veggies

Friday sandwiches and french fries ( I have two cupcake orders that day and a party to go to. lol)

Saturday we won't be home for dinner

I never serve dessert unless it's a special occasion.

photo cff93b12-86de-46b2-be52-d4be4609e9b7_zpsf2ed7349.jpg

ambermarie2006
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 3:24 PM
I do not make my menu until Monday morning
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
XoXo.Nikki.XoXo
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 3:25 PM
Use what I have on hand. We gave a side by side and a full size freezer in the basement stocked with meats. We also keep the pantry stocked with dry goods and just make whatever we are in the mood for with what we have.

Quoting supermama322:

Quoting XoXo.Nikki.XoXo:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 21, 2013 at 3:26 PM

We broke ours out last weekend or the weekend before, so great to have it again!!!

I always love the start of certain food seasons like in spring the start of grill season and the winter the start of stew season etc LOL

of course at the end of each season we are sick of that type of food but still!

Quoting supermama322:

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...I think we're going to BBQ next weekend. Too much snow to get it out of the garage still. lol

Quoting Anonymous:

supermama322
by Kaylee on Apr. 21, 2013 at 3:29 PM

What about produce?? We rarely buy meat because we have a stocked deep freeze as well!

Quoting XoXo.Nikki.XoXo:

Use what I have on hand. We gave a side by side and a full size freezer in the basement stocked with meats. We also keep the pantry stocked with dry goods and just make whatever we are in the mood for with what we have.

Quoting supermama322:

Quoting XoXo.Nikki.XoXo:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)