Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i wish i never had a child because i have no idea what i'm doing

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
My daughter is 3 and I feel like the most incompetent parent! I thought love conquers all, but apparently not! I still have no idea how to raise a child.....
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 21, 2013 at 4:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
paytons_mom2012
by Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 6:29 PM
It will come natural just try hard & do your best. Its hard raising kids. Kids do what they're suppose to do, be kids. So dont get frustrated or angry when she acts like a 3 year old. Try harder.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 21, 2013 at 6:31 PM
My oldest is 10 and half the time I feel like I don't know what the hell Im doing
NonaScheib38
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 7:02 PM

Right? It does NOT come naturally. Love does, but the actual parenting ability we learn from watching our own parents- and not everyone has had a steller example or opportunities to exercise the things they've learned. Do not listen to anyone who suggests that you are a worse parent for not knowing right away- there is definitely a learning curve. I would go to the county building and look for parenting classes, or my favorite (because it's more private): google everything! I have googled tips from crying it out to formula feeding to how to calm down tantrums. When I had my third I literally just typed in "How to survive raising three kids under the age of 5" try to find websites with different ideas and opinions and weigh out what's best for you, and avoid websites that use ONLY THEIR METHOD and attack all other methods. 

good luck! 

angelmine2011
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 7:06 PM
What was your favorite method for raising there kids under five. I'm gonna be like that come December. I'm scared lol

Quoting NonaScheib38:

Right? It does NOT come naturally. Love does, but the actual parenting ability we learn from watching our own parents- and not everyone has had a steller example or opportunities to exercise the things they've learned. Do not listen to anyone who suggests that you are a worse parent for not knowing right away- there is definitely a learning curve. I would go to the county building and look for parenting classes, or my favorite (because it's more private): google everything! I have googled tips from crying it out to formula feeding to how to calm down tantrums. When I had my third I literally just typed in "How to survive raising three kids under the age of 5" try to find websites with different ideas and opinions and weigh out what's best for you, and avoid websites that use ONLY THEIR METHOD and attack all other methods. 

good luck! 

moroccanmommy
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 7:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Parenting doesn't have a handbook. ....just do the best you can and have tons of Patience. Be mindful of what you say to your child. Follow thru and give lots oF hugs and kisses you'll be Fine. All pArents feel this wAy At some point And even After you've hAd A few kids.... when new milestones happen it can trip u up.
Bethsunshine
by Emerald Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 7:11 PM

Guess what? None of us do!! It's like on the job training. You learn as you go. My kids are 13 and 11 and there are times I still feel like I don't know what I'm doing. Each day brings a new set of challenges, and you just have to figure out how to work through them. Parenting doesn't come with an instruction book.

LovelyMommy24
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 7:13 PM

I would take some parenting classes, in fact I believe that every parent should. Or anything you have questions about start googling. I'm sure you're doing a great job, mama! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 21, 2013 at 7:15 PM
I'm so glad I have one of those all-knowing parenting manuals.

Oh wait, there isn't one!

Relax. It's normal.
xboybrksgrlx
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 7:15 PM
I feel like a fuck up more often than not. So it's not only you.
RaynesMommy07
by Ruby Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 7:16 PM
Take it day by day. You learn as you go. All parents do.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)