Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My ex hasn't returned our daughter

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
He was supposed to bring her back at 6pm. I called the police they sent an officer out, she told me the only thing they can do is write a report. But I have sole custody, I even showed them the order. There has to be something or someone I can call. I'm freaking out, please help!
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 21, 2013 at 7:10 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 21, 2013 at 7:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Why won't they do anything? It seems to me that he's interfering with your custody order. If it was me, I'ld be at the courthouse first thing tomorrow seeking an emergency order to get your child back. (Not a lawyer, just saying if it was me.)
jbirdsladie27
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 7:16 PM
Go get her!!!! When was she supposed to be home?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 21, 2013 at 7:16 PM
So there's nothing I can do? How long before they do something.

Quoting Logan_Bellasmom:

even in the east coast its only 7....Atm hes only just a little late so no they will not do anything.

mommy_2_be_2010
by Ruby Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 7:17 PM
Go get her i flip too i go into panic attacks my heart races and my hands get sweaty the only bad part about being a mom is if he doesn't return her
MyahsMom
by Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 7:17 PM
4 moms liked this
It's only 7 and you've already called the police and had them come to your house, and left??? Jump the gun much?
MamaSusieQ045
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 7:17 PM
Stay calm mama, maybe he is just running a little bit late

Keep us updated!
AdVitam
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 7:17 PM
6 moms liked this
Calling the cops after an hour...? Either you're a complete nutjob and it's no wonder he isn't with you anymore OR there is a lot you're leaving out.
Either way, if you don't feel okay with her being with him for an extra hour, why are you comfortable with him having her at all alone?
Come on now.
soliderwife
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 7:18 PM

I taking you be tried calling him to see if something happened?? I would get someone to stay at your home and rhen get someone to go with you  to his home.. Witness always a good idea when dealing with exs

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 21, 2013 at 7:18 PM

My husband's ex did that with my SD.  She's now had her for a week over what she's supposed to.  We have the state police, the sheriff, the courts, and CPS all involved and they can't do anything because custody is joint.  It still amazes me that nobody can follow a court order and bring her home.  Good luck with you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 21, 2013 at 7:18 PM
He's an hour 15 late. This is his first unsupervised visit.

Quoting jerseydiva:

Have you tried calling him, how late is he?  We have no idea what time zone you are in, has this happened before?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN