Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My SIL smoked in the car with my child.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies

my kids slept at my MIL's house last night.  my sil took my older child (6) to the supermarket this morning.  when DH went there to pick them up, he was outside when sil pulled up, she had a cigarette with her front windows open but the back windows shut.  my DH was like "why are you smoking with dc in the car?" and went over quickly to grab our child.  she said "I wasn't smoking after throwing her cigarette on the ground" - she had no kids, but I mean, you don't know it is wrong to smoke with a child in the car and their windows rolled up (even with the windows all down, it is dumb to do)

moron!!!

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nickie76
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd keep better tabs on the in laws... I agree w/ you...

KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:23 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm a really laid back person..

I'm not one to lose control of my emotions and go bat shit crazy on you...

If my SIL smoked in the car with my children, I'd lose it.  I would have to take my kids and leave for fear of doing something I may regret. 

I get that my mom smoked in the car with me, and her mom with her and blah blah blah blah blah.  But I have NEVER smoked, and I wish not to expose my children to second hand smoke if at all possible... and if someone else dared? Oh man..........

BestestMom11
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:24 PM
What a moron.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BestestMom11
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:24 PM
What a moron.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:26 PM
......there's plenty of other stuff to get your panties in a twist about. Just tell her not to do it again and move on. Stop wasting energy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I mean both DH and I smoke, but never around our kids and ceraintly never in the car with them.  she really is an idiot.  my DH told that "she is never driving our child around" and my child starting crying.  oh man!!!

momoftwo0406
by Ruby Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:27 PM
That would not be ok with me or DH either.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:28 PM

I just said she was a moron, not making a huge fight over it.  dh put her in her place and that is that.  may I ask, why do you feel said panties are twisted?  Iol

Quoting Anonymous:

......there's plenty of other stuff to get your panties in a twist about. Just tell her not to do it again and move on. Stop wasting energy.

robeandslippers
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:28 PM

i would not let mil take the kids anywhere or really watch them. your kids, your rules!

Nodramamama55
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:29 PM

You should beat her with a tire iron

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)