Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My SIL smoked in the car with my child.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

my kids slept at my MIL's house last night.  my sil took my older child (6) to the supermarket this morning.  when DH went there to pick them up, he was outside when sil pulled up, she had a cigarette with her front windows open but the back windows shut.  my DH was like "why are you smoking with dc in the car?" and went over quickly to grab our child.  she said "I wasn't smoking after throwing her cigarette on the ground" - she had no kids, but I mean, you don't know it is wrong to smoke with a child in the car and their windows rolled up (even with the windows all down, it is dumb to do)

moron!!!

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:21 PM
Replies (11-20):
BEXi
by BEXi on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:30 PM
1 mom liked this

This 110%

My boys have mild asthma and even though it rarely gives them issues- im not subjecting them to be around something that is most likely to trigger it.

Quoting KristenFowles:

I'm a really laid back person..

I'm not one to lose control of my emotions and go bat shit crazy on you...

If my SIL smoked in the car with my children, I'd lose it.  I would have to take my kids and leave for fear of doing something I may regret. 

I get that my mom smoked in the car with me, and her mom with her and blah blah blah blah blah.  But I have NEVER smoked, and I wish not to expose my children to second hand smoke if at all possible... and if someone else dared? Oh man..........

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:30 PM
This whole post just screams over dramatic.

Quoting Anonymous:

I just said she was a moron, not making a huge fight over it.  dh put her in her place and that is that.  may I ask, why do you feel said panties are twisted?  Iol

Quoting Anonymous:

......there's plenty of other stuff to get your panties in a twist about. Just tell her not to do it again and move on. Stop wasting energy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:32 PM

Unless you change every time you smoke you cause the same damage to your child!

Quoting Anonymous:

I mean both DH and I smoke, but never around our kids and ceraintly never in the car with them.  she really is an idiot.  my DH told that "she is never driving our child around" and my child starting crying.  oh man!!!

momof2girls89
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:33 PM
One of my rules is if you want to take my kids sonewhere you dont smoke around them. period. and if you cant respect that, you dont take them.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:33 PM

ok.

Quoting Anonymous:

This whole post just screams over dramatic.

Quoting Anonymous:

I just said she was a moron, not making a huge fight over it.  dh put her in her place and that is that.  may I ask, why do you feel said panties are twisted?  Iol

Quoting Anonymous:

......there's plenty of other stuff to get your panties in a twist about. Just tell her not to do it again and move on. Stop wasting energy.

StephanieDLewis
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:34 PM
I agree. Just do it and get it over with lol.

Quoting Nodramamama55:

You should beat her with a tire iron

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamaanl
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:35 PM

Big no-no! I would have been furious!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:35 PM
1 mom liked this

The same damage?  that is simply not true.  yes, smoking is a disgusting, filty habit and I am trying to quit. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Unless you change every time you smoke you cause the same damage to your child!

Quoting Anonymous:

I mean both DH and I smoke, but never around our kids and ceraintly never in the car with them.  she really is an idiot.  my DH told that "she is never driving our child around" and my child starting crying.  oh man!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:35 PM
I would have been upset, too.
mommysangelface
by Emerald Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:37 PM
This

Quoting KristenFowles:

I'm a really laid back person..

I'm not one to lose control of my emotions and go bat shit crazy on you...

If my SIL smoked in the car with my children, I'd lose it.  I would have to take my kids and leave for fear of doing something I may regret. 

I get that my mom smoked in the car with me, and her mom with her and blah blah blah blah blah.  But I have NEVER smoked, and I wish not to expose my children to second hand smoke if at all possible... and if someone else dared? Oh man..........

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)