Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i f•••ing hate her!!!!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 59 Replies
1 mom liked this
My MIL needs a best friend. . .and apparently this best friend needs to be me.
I am NEVER mean when we go to visit, I always try to start and continue a conversation (unless it's about something personal I don't feel comfortable sharing) and I always thank her for her gifts and bring her back stuff and offer to drive her around and whatever she wants.
Apparently this is not enough. DH says I need to be friends with her. I need to go over and sit and have coffee with her. I need to go shopping with her. I need to call her up just to talk to her.
I DON'T LIKE HER!!! She is judgemental and rude. She is unable to keep anything I tell her private. She gossips constantly about my SIL's and I know from my sil's that she has said stuff about me. My dh tells me that him and her were discussing what I said the other day and how weird it was. . .
we went shopping after I had my third baby. I was 40 pounds heavier than normal and she was parading me through teenager stores like American eagle, Pacific sunwear, forever 21 and showing me shirt after shirt after shirt that would have been too small for me pre baby and then complained that i "didn't like anything in that whole mall" because I didn't like anything she showed me.
She CONSTANTLY tells me that I should be whipping my dh into shape while she coddles him and enables him to be nearly completely dependant upon her. She CONSTANTLY tells me what I should wear, how I should act, how I should be raising my kids. She gets upset that I won't rearrange my house to suit her. . .she is not a "friend" to me. . .
I try telling dh that most importantly I have never, ever been purposely rude or mean to her. I am only ever civil and pleasant when we are together like I said I do stuff for her all the time but its not enough.
I guess what I want to know is what is your relationship with your MIL like? How do you deal with it and is your dh supportive of your feelings for her?
ADDITIONAL: also, apparently if I walk into a room, smile and wave and say "hi" this is not good enough, I need to address her PERSONALLY otherwise I am ignoring her
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:35 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:35 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:36 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:40 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:41 PM
4 moms liked this
I read, on here, all these horrible MIL posts. I guess I'm one of the few lucky/blessed ones. Because my mil is fantastic. She is nice, funny, calls dh on his bs (if need be), she is generous, polite. She is like a second mother to me. And a great grandma to our kids.
stressedmama24
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:43 PM
Same here!!

Quoting Anonymous:

I read, on here, all these horrible MIL posts. I guess I'm one of the few lucky/blessed ones. Because my mil is fantastic. She is nice, funny, calls dh on his bs (if need be), she is generous, polite. She is like a second mother to me. And a great grandma to our kids.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:52 PM
My MIL tells me that all my dh's bs is my fault and that I should ge able to control him better. She butts her nose into our financial business (which she THINKS she knows but doesn't AT ALL) and she's NOT a good grandma. I guess she's not 'bad ' but she totally favors my oldest and ignores the other two. . . And I know it's not just me, she belittles and is rude to my other SIL's

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:54 PM
Sorry. Also, your hubby should respect your wishes in not wanting to be all buddy buddy with her.

Quoting Anonymous:

My MIL tells me that all my dh's bs is my fault and that I should ge able to control him better. She butts her nose into our financial business (which she THINKS she knows but doesn't AT ALL) and she's NOT a good grandma. I guess she's not 'bad ' but she totally favors my oldest and ignores the other two. . . And I know it's not just me, she belittles and is rude to my other SIL's

Quoting Anonymous:

baquick
by Ruby Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:54 PM
Suddenly blessed my mil loves 3000 miles away. I honestly don't know her well. We've met once. Dh and I have been together 4 years and have an almost 3 year old.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
robeandslippers
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:56 PM

You don't have to be best friends with your mil, just be nice! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)