Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I can't stop shaking

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:10 PM
  • 30 Replies

My nerves are shot. My son went to his fathers this weekend as normal he brought him back early. When my son walks through the door (hes 3) he softly wispers to me "mommy i peed"  I said thats okay baby, i'll go get you clean underwear. A few hours later my ex texts me saying he wants full custody because I didnt punish him for having a accident!!!!!!! He said I am not strict enough and thats why he won't potty train and isnt learning with me. I raise my son 24 hours 6 days a week, his dad only takes him for one full day. He has tested above average on everything. Except potty training. I told him, that the doctor said that PUNNISHING him for ACCIDENTS is the worst thing you can do while potty training. At my house I say just try and rember next time when he has a accident, and he gets rewarded with stickers when he does rember. He has been doing great, except when he comes home from there!!!

Nothing makes you angrier as a mom, than to have someone threaten to take your kid away!! Even though i keep reminding myself he has no leg to stand on. That this is the only thing he has agianst me, its still the fact I feel like I am being degraded as a mother. I have no criminal history, I don't do drugs or even go out. i am a stay at home mom, and my husband cares for us all. M ex on the other hand has a criminal record and SO does his wife, Even though his custody agreement says 2 days a week, he barely does that. He shows no effort in trying to see him extra even though he lives 2 blocks away! My son has said that his step mom spanks him and is mean to him.

I know my ex is just doing this because hes mad about child support. At tax time they took back child support out. He fought it saying he needed it more. They denied him and just last week granted it to me. So isnt it odd that he JUST NOW wants custody? Then he made it even more obvious by sending me a text that said He wants him For a whole week every other week so he no longer has to pay child support!

I am so flipppppiiiiinnng mad. i'm trying to stay civil but i want to scream!! How dare he!

by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cwahtomy
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:14 PM
Um... unless its changed in the court order he'll still have to pay child support whether or not he's got him every other week.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
twinners.mama
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:14 PM
:( I can't imagine...sorry I have no advice
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
my4loves4
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:25 PM

Yea and he'll try his best to get it changed, I know this is the only reason hes doing this. hes never cared about anyone but himself. Hes only for the money.

Quoting cwahtomy:

Um... unless its changed in the court order he'll still have to pay child support whether or not he's got him every other week.

MicheleJM
by Phoenix on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:29 PM

I don't understand men's thinking on this crap.  If he gets custody umm wtf does he think the kid will get a job while living with him?  One STILL has to support and spend money on the child...duh...he won't get custody if he has a criminal record.  Hell with him.

Quoting my4loves4:

Yea and he'll try his best to get it changed, I know this is the only reason hes doing this. hes never cared about anyone but himself. Hes only for the money.

Quoting cwahtomy:

ROBIN-C
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:31 PM

one of my favorite sayings is: s/he who angers you controls you!

if you let him get to you then he is controling you! he is winning! especially if you know that he wouldnt win a change of custody.

do not respond to any negativity from him! that will piss HIM off!

KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:32 PM

My son wasn't FULLY potty trained until 4.

my4loves4
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:33 PM

Exactly, and i know he wont be the one raising him! His wife would, hell he only has him one day a week and I cant tell you how many times ive ran into him places not with my son!!!! 

Quoting MicheleJM:

I don't understand men's thinking on this crap.  If he gets custody umm wtf does he think the kid will get a job while living with him?  One STILL has to support and spend money on the child...duh...he won't get custody if he has a criminal record.  Hell with him.

Quoting my4loves4:

Quoting cwahtomy:

my4loves4
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:37 PM

I havent let him see any of it, ive stayed complelty calm with him, but now that im home and waiting for my husband to get home to talk to me about it I cant help but me so mad!! He sent not only me the 4 page text about what a bad mom for not punishing him for that but also sent it to my husband. lets just say hes not happy either. We won't let him see us angry, but when my husband and I are the ones who have raised him since he was born and his real dad wants to act like we're the bad ones, We are fuming!

Quoting ROBIN-C:

one of my favorite sayings is: s/he who angers you controls you!

if you let him get to you then he is controling you! he is winning! especially if you know that he wouldnt win a change of custody.

do not respond to any negativity from him! that will piss HIM off!

IamMex11
by JorgematoTM on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:39 PM

please let him tell it to the judge so he can get his ass laughed right out of court.

ROBIN-C
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:52 PM
1 mom liked this

i understand how upset and hurt you are. I am going through a similar situation. my ex is trying to say I am a bad parent to make himself feel better about his shortcomings. i know he would get laughed out of court - probably fined for wasting their time if there is such a thing, if he tried to get custody of daughter... yet it still hurts when someone says bad things about your parenting!

you know he is mad about his taxes getting taken and this is how he is dealing with his anger.

document all visits son has with his dad if he never keeps him full amount of time! this will help if he ever decides to go for more time with son!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)