Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I raise my daughters to be little mommies.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 840 Replies
91 moms liked this
I'm raising my daughters to be good home makers, good moms, and good wives.

I'm raising the boys to be good providers, good dads, and good husbands.

That's how I think it should be and it saddens me everytime I read or hear otherwise. My most important goal in life is to be a good wife and mom. I think there would be better people and less divorces in the world if everyone did as my family does.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kzuehlk
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:48 PM
234 moms liked this
I raise my boys to be hard workers, but you better believe they will know how to cook and clean and keep up on a house. If I had girls, they would know how to work hard and be self sufficient
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:50 PM
5 moms liked this
My boys do the outside work and cook if they want to help but I usually do all of the cooking myself. The girls do the inside cleaning while the boys do the outside. It's fair that way and no one complains :)

Quoting kzuehlk:

I raise my boys to be hard workers, but you better believe they will know how to cook and clean and keep up on a house. If I had girls, they would know how to work hard and be self sufficient
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:50 PM
170 moms liked this

I am raising my daughters to be who they choose to be.

crescentstar2
by Anne on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:51 PM
40 moms liked this

I raise mine to be well rounded and know how to be responsible adults

Kermitthemom23
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:51 PM
22 moms liked this
Ditto!
You never know what path a child will choose so best prepare them as best you can for any outcome.
a woman whose dream is being a sahm/wife may find herself a sole provider and a career driven man may end up a sahd.

Quoting kzuehlk:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sheramom4
by Ruby Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:52 PM
87 moms liked this

I raise my girls to be intelligent, independent, well-educated, critical thinkers who know themselves and what they want out of life. I raise DS the same way. All four also know how or are learning how to cook, clean, keep track of a bank account, and all other adult life skills. All 4 are expected to be hard-workers and self-sufficient. All of my children know that they do not have to get married or have children if they choose not to.

Mommy2b2many
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:52 PM
6 moms liked this

Kudos to you; thats definately no longe the common parenting philosophy :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:53 PM
7 moms liked this

I'm raising my boys to hopefully never get married and never have children, to live for themselves. I'd hate to see how this world is when they are grown.

robeandslippers
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:53 PM
21 moms liked this

I raise my daughter to be independent and not have to have a man around to succeed in life! I also will raise her to live out her dream,and do all she can do before committing to someone.

UxorQuodMatris.
by Ruby Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:53 PM
44 moms liked this
I raise my kids to have dreams and goals and to seek to fulfill them. Not to fill gender roles. I love being a wife and mother, but I love having something outside of my home. I would be miserable without it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)