Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I raise my daughters to be little mommies.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I'm raising my daughters to be good home makers, good moms, and good wives.

I'm raising the boys to be good providers, good dads, and good husbands.

That's how I think it should be and it saddens me everytime I read or hear otherwise. My most important goal in life is to be a good wife and mom. I think there would be better people and less divorces in the world if everyone did as my family does.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:45 PM
Replies (381-390):
Matriarch87
by Ruby Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 1:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Im raising my son to be awesome, I know of no other way.  

the3Rs
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 1:30 PM

EXACTLY.

Quoting kzuehlk:

I raise my boys to be hard workers, but you better believe they will know how to cook and clean and keep up on a house. If I had girls, they would know how to work hard and be self sufficient

mama2beautiesnb
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 1:31 PM
Quoting SuDoNim:

yes, bc one should always throw their marriage away for selfish reasons. Imo, if you go into marriage with the mindset of "hey, if he dont or she dont like it, theres always divorce" you shouldnt be getting married. Smh... like i told another poster... i have generations of traditional and non traditional marriages to back up my opinion.
Kklstef
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 1:33 PM
1 mom liked this
And maybe the rising divorce rates were just part of the adjustment period for the generation caught in the middle. Maybe men raised to be waited on by women and women raised to be supported by men make lousy partners in a modern world where people are encouraged to choose a life path based on talents and interests instead of genitals. Maybe, just maybe, gender equality is leading us to a better place, and it is the traditional holdouts that caused the discord during the adjustment period?

Quoting SuDoNim:

OR, divorce rates went up as women had more options and opportunities to support themselves, rather than stay in marriage because they don't have a way out ;)

Quoting mama2beautiesnb:

We are very traditional as well. My daughters will know they have options, but the traditional roles are held sacred. After all, divorce rates started going up when traditional roles just weren't acceptable anymore.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bethsunshine
by Ruby Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 1:35 PM

Quoting SuDoNim:

I don't think it's wrong to teach girls how to be good mothers, either. I do think it's wrong to teach them that having a career and being a good mother are mutually exclusive.

Quoting Bethsunshine:

Let me add that there is nothing wrong with teaching girls how to be good mothers, and wanting to be a mother is an admirable goal. That being said, however, you should always have a back-up plan. It certainly doesn't hurt to get an education and learn some marketable skills, just in case. You may never have to use them, but if God forbid something were to happen to your husband,you need to be able to take care of yourself. You  never know what might happen; it only takes a split second to change your life.

That's not what I meant but if that's the way you interpreted, okay. Maybe I was unclear in the way I worded it. Maybe I should have said that while it's a good idea to teach your daughters to be good mothers, you should also teach them that you don't have to be ONLY a mother. Then again, maybe that's confusing too. I don't know; I had a bad night and I'm stressed and menopausal right now so I'm not making a whole lot of sense.

BUFFIE.the.BODY
by Ruby Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 1:36 PM
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mom2Jake08
by Gold Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 1:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I find that sad. I want so much more for my kids. They deserve it.

SuDoNim
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 1:37 PM

You don't get it. Women stayed in abusive marriages when they don't have the means to support themselves and their children. Domineering husbands tend to want to keep their dependant on them so they can't leave.

Quoting mama2beautiesnb:

Quoting SuDoNim:

yes, bc one should always throw their marriage away for selfish reasons. Imo, if you go into marriage with the mindset of "hey, if he dont or she dont like it, theres always divorce" you shouldnt be getting married. Smh... like i told another poster... i have generations of traditional and non traditional marriages to back up my opinion.

SuDoNim
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 1:38 PM

No, I didn't think you meant that at all! The OP does.

Quoting Bethsunshine:

Quoting SuDoNim:

I don't think it's wrong to teach girls how to be good mothers, either. I do think it's wrong to teach them that having a career and being a good mother are mutually exclusive.

Quoting Bethsunshine:

Let me add that there is nothing wrong with teaching girls how to be good mothers, and wanting to be a mother is an admirable goal. That being said, however, you should always have a back-up plan. It certainly doesn't hurt to get an education and learn some marketable skills, just in case. You may never have to use them, but if God forbid something were to happen to your husband,you need to be able to take care of yourself. You  never know what might happen; it only takes a split second to change your life.

That's not what I meant but if that's the way you interpreted, okay. Maybe I was unclear in the way I worded it. Maybe I should have said that while it's a good idea to teach your daughters to be good mothers, you should also teach them that you don't have to be ONLY a mother. Then again, maybe that's confusing too. I don't know; I had a bad night and I'm stressed and menopausal right now so I'm not making a whole lot of sense.

GotSomeKids
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 1:39 PM

Don't you think it's important to raise them to be all those things?  That's what I do.  I do it for both my daughter and my son.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured